two

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

june 7, 1971
7:12 am

Bambi rises up in the morning with a blubbered yawn falling out of her bee-stung lips, the bright star shining all up in her face as she sits up, stretches out, rubs the tiredness out of her eyes and gets out of her bed. Immediately, darting to her bay window.

The doe opens a single glass pane and was welcomed with the fresh air and the usual California breeze. Bambi spots birds on the branches of trees, who were chirping rather loudly. She also saw the mysterious man Harry working out in the garden, this day making it a week since he's been here.

His was watering the tall flower bushes with a hose while whistling a fun tune the flower was not familiar with. Bambi decides to lays on the window bed, on her stomach, resting her head in her arms on the seal of the window as she takes a long stare at the attractive man.

Harry can sense someone's stare so as he turns to water the plants behind him- he catches Bambi staring from the upstairs window, a delight grin on her lips. He smiles at her and waves at the pretty girl, noticing her face flush a strawberry red as she waves back at him.

Harry goes back to whistling and watering the plants whilst the girl takes a deep breath in with her eyes shut, opening them once again with a deep, heavy sigh.

Once Bambi felt like her watching has gone on for far too long, she gets off her stomach and closes the glass pane before stepping off the window bed. She goes into her closet and changes out of the long nightgown she slept in and instead puts on her a pink sundress. She brushes those nasty tangles out of her hair and swipes a single layer of lip gloss, puckering her lips whimsically in the mirror before dashing down the stairs.

"Good mornin" The baby greets her two loving parents, Thomas being engrossed in the daily paper while her mom was doing some sort of crossword puzzle. "Morning!"

Laid out before them was a variety of breakfast foods but in the corner was her personal favorite, a stack of perfectly spread peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Bambi snatches two of the deliciousness off the china and slips over to the french doors- grabbing the usual wooden basket that sits on the counter and tosses the two sandwiches inside. The dove unfastens and throws open the doors, hopping barefoot onto the fresh grass and wiggling her toes through the fresh cut lawn- a content exhale leaving her rose pillows.

Bambi is over the moon to be out in yard again, overjoyed to have a break from the boring walls of her bedroom. The soil was soft between her toes as she looked over to the right and saw Harry hidden behind the tall rose bushes by the strawberry gardens. She takes a deep breath and skips over to him, the wooden basket swinging as it sits on her forearm.

Harry glances up once he heard the light thud of footsteps and notices the girl prancing over to him- stopping his raking on the new garden bed and stands up straight. He places both his ringed hands on the top of rake, resting his chin on top as he watches the pretty girl jog to him, "morning Bambi, how are you?"

"Heya Harry! I'm pretty good" She sings, halting her step and smiling, "how about you?"

Bambi rocks from toe to heel, Harry watching the silly girl with amusement- shocked at her sudden loss of shyness, "m'' perfect, love." Bambi flushes and plays with the handle of her wood basket before Harry points to her basket, "What ya have there?"

"My breakfast, I usually have a picnic by the pond" She hums and gestures over to the small source of water, "wanna join?"

"I'd love to" He accepts her offer and the puppy smiles widely, "okay, lemme jus' pick some strawberries"

Bambi wanders over to one of the strawberry bushes and bends over, taking all the juicy strawberries from off the bush and tossing them into her weaved basket.

-

"Those over there are irises and those, those are- well I honestly don't know" The flower child rambles on about some surrounding florets whilst laying on her stomach, facing the man who she was already so intrigued with.

Harry and Bambi were sat on a pink picnic blanket, under a white gazebo that was situated in front of the pond. "Baby's-breaths" Harry corrected the confused girl, "huh?" Bambi hums. "Those flowers are called baby's-breath" He repeats and the little bud nods her head in amazement.

Harry laughs at the cute girl and takes another bite out of the strawberry, "so harry, you like my garden?" Bambi asks before looking up at him, Harry pondering for a second before muttering, "one of the prettiest I've ever seen" and looks down at the ball of sunshine in front of him. "Mm that's what I thought" The petal says boldly and plops a juicy strawberry into her mouth.

><

hi!

another short chapter, i'm sorry. i just don't want to bore anyone with boring details.

have a good day/night.

mwah xx