epilogue

FOUR MONTHS LATER

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

december 2, 1971
1:45 pm

— "Did the mailman come, ma?" Bambi questions her mother for the fourth time today who was on a call, the doe assuming it's was one of her close mom friends who share the same love for 'The Brady Bunch"

It has been 121 days since Harry left California, not a day passing by that the berry isn't missing her dream.

The first few months were a little hard but she sufficed because a new letter would arrive once a week, one written delicately by her passionate lover.

Although recently, Bambi prays a letter comes flying through the mail slot.

It's been a month and half since she's received anything from Harry, her concern growing each week she doesn't hear from him.

Unsurprisingly, this didn't stop the girl from sending out letters constantly, always leaving a kiss mark on the envelope with her strawberry gloss on, hoping it would make him smile or laugh when he sees the outline of her lips.

"Princess I put the pile of mail on the dining table." Mrs. Petal responds to her eager daughter while covering the speaker of the wall phone, Bambi smiling as she slips over to the table. The flower immediately spots the pile of white envelopes and her face beams, a feeling of hope coursing throughout her body when she sees there's more mail than usual.

Bambi practically skips up the stairs with the pile of letters, almost slipping on the wooden steps due to her knee socks. She heads straight to her bedroom, jumping onto the bed with a smile. The angel quickly reads through each letter, disappointment filling her features when not a single letter was directed to her.

Bambi lets out a groan as she tosses the mail onto her nightstand, hopelessness replacing the small amount of hope as it takes over her body.

She flops backwards on her bed, pulling the blanket up to her shoulder as her mind wanders. The peach glares at the pink lava lamp Harry got her, memories flooding her head from that night at the drive in where they also had their first act of true intimacy.

Sat in front of the lava lamp was those heart-shaped glasses that belonged to Harry, the ones he let her keep the day he left since she loved the eyewear so much.

Bambi lets out a sigh as she stands up and walks over to her wildcat record player, taking out a very familiar vinyl. The little darling couldn't stop listening to this record since her sunshine left, a very fond memory being attached to one of the songs.

She places the record down on the turntable, picking up the needle and lowering it down onto the vinyl. The light sha-la-la-la-la-la-la's start as soon as the needle was placed down.

The song "Baby, It's you" by The Beatles filled the room, Bambi lightly smiling as the memory of harry singing it to her comes to mind.

-

"Harry, what ya like to do?" Bambi questions, now picking at the grass.

"Whatcha mean, bunny?" he asks and leans back on his palms, circumventing any flowers.

"Like what do you like to do for fun" she explains.

"Besides, kissing my little button everywhere?" he mumbles, leaning down and kissing the top of her head upside down. Bambi blushes and nods her head while Harry thinks.

"I like to sing" he answers and his doe's eyes widen.

"Really?!" Bambi exclaims, jumping up. "Sing f'me!" she cheers and Harry's face flushes.

"Oh, i'm not really good" He mutters and scratches the back of his neck, not expecting her enthusiasm over it.

"I doubt that" She motivates and pouts her lip, silently begging with her glossy blue eyes.

"Oh alright, what song?" he gives in and Bambi lies back down in his lap, satisfied that she got her way once again.

"One of those cute love songs, please" she sighs and Hardy nods his head, immediately thinking of a song and clears his throat.

"it's not the way you smile, that touched my heart" he sings the classic song lowly, bambi warbling the sha-la-la-la-la-la.

"it's not the way you kiss that tears me apart" he continues, his apple-butter smooth voice having bambi hang on to every word.

"but, oh many, many, many nights go by. i sit alone at home and cry over you. what can i do, can't help myself" he starts to sing a little louder, bambi being in awe at his heavenly voice.

"cause, baby, it's you. sha-la-la-la-la-la-la" he twinkles, clasping the petite sides of his puppy and starts to tickle her. she bursts into a fit of flirtatious giggles and harry laughs at her squirming.

-

The bunny slightly grins, the sound of Harry's smooth, enchanting voice echoing in her head as she steps over to her bay window.

Bambi sits down on the cushion, looking out the window as the tune continues to play. She hasn't spent time here in ages, scared to let her mind wander since Harry left.

The doe stares out into the depressing garden, most of the grass dead and the once beautiful colors gone due to the cold of winter.

A tear slips from one of the doe's eyes, her wiping it away quickly as she looks over the garden that was filled with so many memories.

The song was coming to an end, the sound fading as the part that always stuck with her started to play.

Don't want nobody, nobody
'Cause, baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Don't leave me all alone (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
Come on home (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)

__

Okay so thats officially the end of the first book!

Hope you enjoyed reading Bambi as much as I enjoyed writing it.

This was my first story and I'm happy on the way it turned out! I hope you did as well.

!!! Also, I figured it would make more sense to start a whole new book for the second part of Bambi... So please follow me so you can see when I put it up! Or if you don't wanna follow me I'm going to put it up today (most likely very soon since im excited) so check it out!

Thank you guys for all the love! It truly means so much to me. Please continue to read Bambi because this second book.. whew do I have ideas for it.

I love you guys!!

-chanel xx