six

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗
___

june 18, 1971
5:00 pm

It was 5pm in the evening and Bambi was sat on her twin bed, blabbering away on the phone to Harry.

"Can I take ya to the drive-in tonight, babe? I heard they are playing Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory." Harry questions over the line and Bambi grows a smile on her face. She always wanted to go to one of those.

"I'd love to" she replies as she tangles one of her fingers through the swirly cord, biting her lower lip.

"I'll pick you up at 7, puppy. Oh and Bambi, I have a gift for ya." He mentions and the doe perks up a little.

"F'me harry?" She questions and Harry nods his head, even though she couldn't see him.

"Uhm. got you somethin real cute." he hums and Bambi smiles even more (if that was even possible).

"I got to go now but I'll catch you on the flip-side, darling" Harry sings before hanging up the phone.

-

Harry pulls up to the cottage and notices Bambi not in one of her usual sundresses, but instead pink flared jeans and a light-blue tee with a rainbow on it. Her hair was pinned back with clips and her feet were clad with platform shoes.

(a/n pic below, you don't have to imagine mila as the girl)

She runs up to the car and hops in, feeling right at home.

"Well doesn't my bunny look adorable tonight." Harry compliments and Bambi grins.

"Heya harry!" She coos like she always does and pecks a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi, baby." He replies and placed a quick kiss on her lips, tasting a bit of the strawberry lip gloss she applied only moments ago.

"You excited?" Harry asks when he starts driving towards the drive in- Bambi nodding her head eagerly and answers, "very. I've always wanted to go to one but my friends always went with their boyfriends."

Harry frowns at the idea of Bambi being left out and he takes her hand and puts it in his.

"Well you finally get to go to one." He smiles and rubs her hand. Bambi looks down at their two hands connected and smiles to herself, happy that she's finally going to go to one.