CHAPTER 27: Who Knew

Christina POV

--2 days Later--
It was 9:00 am, Nick and I walked downstairs.

"Morning my love." He kissed my cheek.

We both grabbed a packet of instant oatmeal. Once it was done we went in the living room and watched the morning news.

"A young boy about 16 year old, was hit by an SUV at 7 am walking across the street, this was a hit and run, we happen to catch the man who hit this man, he is under the name of John Clark." The reporter said.

"THAT'S ELIJAH!!! HE WAS HIT BY JOHN!" I cried.

"Oh no, how are we going to tell Mik?" Nick asked.

"I don't know but she's going to be heart broken." I replied.

--10:00 am--

Lauren walks downstairs.

"Mom did you see?" She asked, I looked at her and I cried.

"Yes, it's so devistating. The poor thing, his family must be heartbroken." I cried. Then Dani walked downstairs.

"Mom-" she cried, I ran to her, and I hugged her. Then sadly enough look who came walking in. It was Mik.

"M Mom what's going on?" She was very confused.

"Hun," I started to cry.

"Mom what?" She started to cry.

"Elijah was hit by a SUV and it was by your sisters foster dad, he's in critical condition, he slipped into a coma. I'm sorry hun." She cried in my arms.

"Mom I need to see him." She said crying in my arms.

"Later sweetie, he need to rest, he might not remember you." I cried.

"Oh no, I can't loose him." Mik cried.

"He'll be ok, Mik, we just need time." I cried, she ran to her room. I heard a thud, I ran to make sure she was ok.

"Mik are you okay?!" I shouted.

"Do I look okay?! I'm not okay! It's my boyfriend! He could've died! I can't loose him! I'd have to loose myself! Mom, I I can't do this!" She cried.

"Hun don't say that! If you do anything to yourself, your father and I would have to also, so don't you ever think of that, I've already went through this with Maria! I don't want it to happen to you!" I cried.

"Mom... I'm sorry." She hugged me close, and we both layed down, and she hugged me. Soon enough Ash walked in, and layed down next to me.
She wrapped her arm around my waist and I felt a tear.

Nicks POV

The quads and Lauren were downstairs on the couch.

"Dad... Can we go to the chapel and pray?" Mandie sat up and asked.

"Of course hun, that's the best idea." I replied. The poor guy, poor Mikkayla, I heard her shouting at Chris, poor Dani was shaking, I rubbed her back.

--30 minutes later// at the chapel--

We walked in, and we saw Charlie, and Grace, that is Elijahs' cousins, and then there was Alice and Emmanuel, his brother and sister, were kneeling at the bar praying, then Alice looked up. Alice and Emmanuel Grandfather is my cousins wife's brother, so there is no relation between us but they call me Uncle Nick because we're so close.

"Uncle Nick?" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, then she got up and hugged me.

"It's me hun, it okay." I hugged her back. Then all 6 of the Reali's went and kneel and we all prayed together.

~Dear heavenly father, we come here to reach out to a family member , friend, son, boyfriend, nephew, Elijah. We need the power and the hope that he makes it's out strong and can be in recovery and not in pain~

I prayed then we all ended the prayer.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen

We all prayed and then we stood up and we hugged.

My phone buzzed.

Hey babe, where are you?

I'm at the chapel with the girls.

Okay we're going to see Elijah, meet us there?

Yup, where on or way.

"Okay guys let's go see Elijah." We all got up and went to the hospital.

--at the hospital--

Christina POV

We walked in. And the doctor pointed. Then we went to the room, when we got there, Mik stepped back. Then she looked in. She pulled back even more and cover her mouth. She gasped and fell to the floor.

"MIKKAYLA!" I ran to her and picked her up. She opened her eyes.

"No, no, no that can be him, no, it's not him, that is not Elijah!" She said vigorously shaking her had in fear. Then we heard a groan.

"Wha where is my girlfriend?" Elijah mumbled. Then Mikkayla walked out from behind me.

"I'm right here babe, I'm here." She cried she put the back of her hand on his cheek.

He grabbed her hand, and rubbed her fingers.

"I I love you Elijah." She cried and laid down next to him. Everyone was crying.

--20 minutes later--

The nurse walked in.

"Visiting hours are over." She said sadly.

"C'mon hun." I said to Mik. She looked at me and cried, as I put her on my back.

"Mom.. I can't leave him." She cried. Then she fell asleep.

"I love you." She cried, as we walked out. We all got in separate cars. I was holding Mik in my arms just like a little baby. Lauren drove home we took the quad. Nick drove with Dani, The baby's and the twins.

--Home--

I carried Mik in my arms and I brought her over to the couch and sat down. Everyone went upstairs, Nick went to cook dinner for everyone. Mik started to breath heavily and started to cry.

"What's wrong Mik?!" I said in fear.

"I I had a dream that he he died." She cried into my chest.

"He's ok hun, there's sending him home in 3 days." I rubbed her forhead.

"I love him so much mom." She cried some more.

"I know you do, go to sleep love." I whimpered.

"I love you mom." She drifted off to sleep. I kissed her forehead.

"I love you too." I said while my voice was breaking. We both fell asleep. We skipped eating dinner and we still slept through it all. After dinner Nick sat down next to me and Mik layed across our laps. She cried all night, but then eventually fell asleep. The poor thing I still can't believe this happened to him. I don't know what she'd do if he died, it would be the worse thing for her. She probably wouldn't even speak to us, she might not even eat for days, she could slip into a deep depression, even or...

(Ham Chaplins! This story took a turn, sorry I haven't been able to work on it much, finals and other testing is a pain in my butt! I have cried multiple times writing this chapter, I apologize It's so upsetting, its, going to probably get deeper at some point. Well I'm gonna go cry now! K bye! -malie 💙💙)