CHAPTER 28: He's Dead I'm Dead

--6:00 am// March 11, 2022 --
Christina POV

We woke up to a call, it was Mrs. Roberts. He's gone. Elijahs heart stopped in the middle of the night.  They lost him at 3:17 am. I started to cry. I don't know what to do, how will I tell Mik, she's gonna be heart broken, as I said many times he'd be okay, but look he's gone. My daughter's first boyfriend is dead! DEAD! A 16 year boy, dead, my daughter forever love, dead, my daughters heart, dead, Mik and My  relationship, probably dead. Soon enough Nick walked downstairs.

"Babe..." I cried. He came over and hugged me.

"What is it hun?" He asked.

"Elijah, he's he's gone." I cried.

"What do you mean hun?" He asked.

"He's dead, Elijah is..." I bawled.

"D D Dead." I finished.

"Awe hun, Mik is going to be crushed."  Nick said, I was furious, i snapped.

"Crushed?? He's dead! She's never going to see him! EVER! She's going to hate me!!! I told her he would be okay!! But no, he's dead!" I snapped and started to break down, I cried into his chest. Then Lauren walked downstairs.

"Mom what's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"He's gone." I cried.

"Elijah?" Her voice broke.

"Yes hun, he's dead." I cried.

"What? How?" She started to cry.

"Hun, his heart stopped in the middle of the night." I cried then I see my smiling sunshine Mikkayla walk downstairs.

"Hey mom! Hey Lauren! Hey D-" she paused and looked around and then continued with a confused look.

"Hey Dad! Can we go see Elijah today?" She asked, I looked at Nick and I started to tear up.

"Hun sit down we need to talk." I cried.

"Okay?" She questioned.

"Hunny, Elijah is, he is, uh, Elijah is gone..." I cried.

"He's home now? Can we see him?" She asked quite dumbfounded.

"No hun, Elijah, he passed away last night..." I cried.

"NO! YOUR LYING! IF HE'S DEAD, THEN I WILL BE TOO!YOU LIED TO ME I HATE YOU!!" She yelled and ran to the bathroom and locked the door.

"MIKKAYLA OPEN THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!" I yelled, I got no response, then I heard a fall and pills falling.

"NICK CALL AN AMBULANCE!! MIKKAYLA IS TRYING TO KILL HERSELF!" I screamed. Lauren ran to Dani with her inhaler, Nick called the ambulance.

"911 what is your emergency?" The dispatcher asked.

"HELLO I HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO JUST TRIED TO KILL HERSELF, SHE'S NOT RESPONDING! WE NEED HELP NOW!" He shouted into the phone and he was in tears. He then ran upstairs.

"Move!'' He shouted, next thing you know the door is down.

"OMG MIKKAYLA!"  I cried. She was bleeding from her head. Nick swept her off the ground holding her bridal style. I stepped back and knocked myself against the wall and slide down and cried. Then the ambulance showed up, and took Mikkayla, Nick and I then ran into the ambulance.

-- at the hospital--

We ran in and they took her and started compression on her, they ran her the OR. Then a doctor came to me as I was sitting in the waiting room.