the sixth

A/N: Stuff finally goes down in this chapter I'm excited. Thanks for being patient with me!

________

"Pleassseeeee" she begged, her bottom lipped perched out in a pout I'm sure she won every argument with. 

I sighed.  We had some time to kill before the concert anyways, and she had proven to know the aesthetic of the crowd much more than I did.

"Fine, go crazy," I said, not able to hold back the smile that was creeping across my face. I had to admit, it was nice to have another girl around. As much as I loved spending the whole day with Elias and the band, girl time was refreshing. 

"I knew you'd agree," Kai said, smiling widely and running to her makeup bag. She was on the management team for the band, focusing mainly on arrangments in the venues, meaning that once the boys were all set in their dressing rooms, her job was done for the night. So now she was here, doing my makeup for the show. 

"We're definitely going to do a messy smokey eye," she spoke, holding my chin in her hands as she examined my features, "maybe a cat eye?"

She worked intentionally, seeming to have a strong vision in her head of what she wanted to do. 

"What are you planning on wearing?" Kai asked as she ruffled her fingers through my hair. 

"Probably just what I  have on," I spoke, looking down at the outfit I had sported on my coffee date with Matty this morning. 

"No way," she said shaking her head, "I have something perfect for you," 

I chuckled at how passionate she was about dressing me up for this show. It's not like I was trying to impress anyone. At least not that she knew. 

Kai came back quickly, a bright red cocktail dress in her hands. I was going to look like one of those girls from last night. I admired the silky red material and the impressively low neckline. This would leave nothing to the imagination.

"I can't wear this," I said, shaking my head, "won't I be sending off the wrong message?"

"Matty picked out this dress," she chuckled, "I wore it to the boy's first award show," 

"Matty picked it out?" I asked, regretting that I let myself show so much interest.

"He's a sucker for red," she winked.

"Why would I care?" I shot back, a little too defensively.

She laughed again, shaking her head. 

"You don't realize how bad you are at hiding the way you feel about him,"

A blush took over my features, awkward silence hanging in the air as I tried to gather my thoughts.

"So, I should wear the dress?" I stammered. 

"At least try it on, see how it feels," she said, handing it to me. 

The dress was sex, no doubt. But it wasn't cheap or tacky, like what the other girls wore. This dress was romantic, intentional, sensual, fiery, confident. The message wasn't "I want your attention," but rather, "I have your attention, and you like it". 

I'd never worn something so lavish. 

"Fucking perfect,"  Kai said from behind me.

"This was a good choice, you were right," I replied. 

"I'm always right," she spoke. 

I turned around, facing her as she made the final touches. 

"Let's get you to the concert," she said, smirking.  "That is, if you can even get to the venue without getting picked up by some other man," she teased.