the seventh

A/N: We are so close to 100 reads, that's wild thank you all! Exams are coming up so I may not be able to upload another chapter soon, but here's this one while you're waiting! Enjoy, and thanks for all the reads.

________

I didn't care that I was drunk. I didn't care that he was high. I didn't care that I was lonely and that he was upset. I didn't care that everyone was watching us. None of that mattered.

The only that mattered was that, at this moment, he was mine. Time was fleeting yet infinite, the world around us melting away. His hand flew to my waist, stabilizing me against him, his other cupped my cheek, holding me into the kiss, reminding me who was in charge.  

I had his lips, his hands, but I wanted everything. I needed him everywhere. I was drunk, but his kiss was intoxicating. I could feel myself slipping deeper, giving myself up to him. 

I had no control. The composure I had worked so hard to maintain around him was completely gone. I was vulnerable. I was completely his, but he pulled away.

I panted, all my worries flooding back. If it weren't for the couch next to me, I would have buckled. He knew how I felt about him now, there was no hiding it. The way I kissed him, so much passion and pent up desire, he knew. He knew everything. 

"Matty I-" I stammered, struggling to find the words to say with the pressure of everyone in the green room watching, "I uh-"

"Jess, let's go," a voice demanded from behind me. Elias. 

Thank the Lord. Something to get me out of this situation. Without a word, I followed him out of the venue. We didn't speak the entire cab ride back to the flat, which I was okay with because I couldn't quite think of anything to say. 

"Get your stuff," Elias finally spoke as we arrived at the flat.

"M-my stuff?" I questioned.

"We are going home."

I didn't ask questions or put up a fight, I simply did as I was told, grabbing my bags. I was here on Elias's time, not my own. Therefore, if Elias wanted me home, I would be going home. 

The train back to Manchester had very few passengers as the late hours of the night loomed, the bright moon shining through the windows.

"I'm sorry," I spoke finally. 

"Don't be sorry, it's over now," Elias said, looking straight forward.

"What is this all about anyway?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't be mad. 

"Matty Healy is not one to settle down with a girl. And you, Jess, are not one for a one night stand with a guy," Elias sighed, "It seemed like things were already getting complicated, and if I had let you stay any longer, you would have ended up getting hurt as you watch yourself become just another girl in his eyes."

Shit, that hurt. But he was right, and I needed to hear that. I needed his honesty right now to wake me up with all the things I've known all along.   

"Besides," he continued, "if things had gotten bad between you two, that could have come back and harmed my business with him. I can't afford to lose him as a customer yet" Elias added.

"Yeah, shit, you're right. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking" I sighed, the reality of my mistakes haunting me now.

"You weren't thinking, Jess, and that's why we left," he spoke, I nodded, having nothing else to say. 

It was late when we got back, Elias setting me up on his couch so I wouldn't have to ride the train alone. I wanted to sleep. I longed so badly to get out of my head just for a moment and rest.

Please // Matty Healyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें