the eleventh

A/N: Dang writing this stuff is addicting. We've had a pretty chill day in Cambodia so why not post 2 chapters within like 24 hours of each other? Suprise! This is to make up for all of the time I missed writing during my exams. Anyways, here is the drama I promised. Enjoy! 

________

It was odd being alone in my flat again. Everything was as I had left it, the incomplete painting propped against the wall, tarps and old newspapers decorating the floor. I had only left 2 nights ago, yet I had come back a different person. Before I left, I was struggling to get over Matty, not accepting the fact that he could care for someone like me. Now, I stood in the same place, completely in bliss. I knew now what I wish I knew all along. I belonged to him. I didn't have to hurt anymore.

The painting I had been working on breathed sorrow. It would be hard to finish it since the emotion was no longer there, but a job was a job. Besides, all the boys were in meetings until later, and I wasn't ready to take on Elias alone, so I figured I would make my finishing touches while I was here.

I swayed over to the record player, pulling out the band's album, lingering a moment on Matty's picture. It still felt so surreal. My friend Gemma had given me this record after it came out, saying it was the best thing she had ever listened to. Now I was "with" their lead singer. I wasn't quite sure on Matty and I's status, but, regardless, I was smitten with him, and right now, that was enough.

The sun had set by the time Kai finally called me.

"Hey love, sorry the meetings ran so long, do you have dinner plans?"

"Nothing at all," 

"Perfect because I'm sooooo not in the mood for cooking," Kai complained. I smiled, it felt good to have some true friends again, especially ones like Kai. 

"So what did you have in mind?" I asked.

"Your place is kind of in the middle of everyone else's, so you mind if the guys and I crash and order some takeout?"

"Kai, you saw my place, it's a mess" I laughed.

"If that's your only excuse then I'm gonna take it as a yes. I guarantee your paint covered flat is cleaner than the rest of ours," 

I thought back for a moment, remembering how neat Matty's flat had been, but that was when he was sober. He must have made a mess of it before  London.

"Okay, I'll clean up as much as I can," I spoke.

"You're the best," Kai said before hanging up.

I quickly began packing up all of my paints, not bothering with the stains on the floor, they added a bit of color to the place. I eyed my painting. I didn't really show anyone my art, other than whoever was buying it of course. I was far too critical to flaunt it. I outstretched my arms, picking up the drying canvas and moving it into my already cramped bedroom, opening the windows so I wouldn't be suffocated by fumes later. I was still covered in paint by the time the doorbell rang. 

As promised, Kai was stood there followed by the rest of the band.

"Sorry it smells like paint," I spoke sheepishly as they entered. 

"You're an artist?" Ross asked.

"Yeah, not professionally or anything, just an odd job," I spoke as I stared at my feet. It always felt weird to talk about myself, especially in front of 4 rockstars who lead far more exciting lives than I did. 

"Do you sell your work?" Adam asked. I nodded.

"Sounds pretty professional to me," he shrugged.