the eighth

A/N: GUYS I'M BACK AND I'VE FINISHED MY EXAMS! This chapter isn't very long but there is some important drama to build up to the next chapter, so get hyped! Thanks for being so patient with me, I appreciate you all so much! And we are nearly at 150 reads which is wild, so thank you for all of the support! 

________ 

So this is how it starts

Matty's voice echoed into the wings where I was watching him. The crowd was massive, girls screaming and jumping about. 

Take your shoes off in the back of my van

My shirt looks so good when it's just hanging off your back

I closed my eyes, letting his lyrics linger on my mind like a fantasy as I tried to imagine myself as the subject of the song, alone in his car.

I looked over the sea of girls in the crowd, assuming they were likely imagining the same thing. I still couldn't help feeling like I was just another one of them. Regardless of the fact that I was stood backstage. Regardless of everything Kai told me. Regardless of the kiss. I still felt like just another girl. 

I tried to suppress my feelings throughout the song, grabbing Kai's arms and dancing about until we broke out in fits of laughter.

I kept giggling as I looked back up at Matty. He looked impossibly good as he owned the stage, giving the crowd everything they wanted. Suddenly, he turned to face me.

If we're gonna do anything we might as well just fuck  

I stopped laughing as a breath got caught in my throat, a blush overcoming my face as he winked at me before turning back to the crowd. That sly fucker. He was going to be the death of me. 

They finished their set shortly after, and I had felt every desire to pounce on Matty. Watching him perform made me feel things I have never have before. And he knew it. He knew what he did to me. He could always elicit a reaction from me, I was so obvious. 

I clearly wasn't the only one turned on by him, as the random girls from backstage began to appear, wrapping themselves around his body as he walked through the wings. They were all so beautiful, yet, as Kai said, Matty paid them no attention, his face seemingly annoyed until his eyes met mine. We shared a knowing glance and he smirked at me. I could tell he was tipsy, but far less gone than he was at the last show. He freed himself from the girls, wrapping his arm around me and pulling my body into his.  

I couldn't help but stare at the tattoos that decorated his skin, outlining them with my fingertips as we made our way to the green room.  

"Great show George," I smiled at him as he pulled me from Matty's arms.

"Thanks, kid, I'm glad you're here" he spoke into my hair. 

We quickly settled ourselves into the green room, Ross and Adam playing some game on the tv. Matty was half through rolling his joint when Kai came into the room, a concerned look on her face. 

"Jess, love, you might want to check your phone, it's been ringing like crazy" she spoke quickly.

I walked towards Matty's dressing room, where my phone had sat the length of the show. I hadn't checked it all night, which was unusual for me. 

15 texts from Elias

5 missed calls from Elias

3 voicemails from Elias

My stomach dropped as I opened my phone to read the texts.

Elias: Just checking in to make sure you are better off today than you were last night.

Elias: How are you? Are you home?

Elias: Jess are you good? I haven't heard from you all day.

Elias: Do you need to stay at mine?

Elias: Jess you've been off since we left London, I'm worried please respond.

Elias: If you don't respond within the hour I'm coming over.

Elias: On my way.

Elias: Someone from your hall let me in, said they saw you leaving with a bag and some girl, are you staying at someones?

Elias: I've called some of your mates, they say they haven't seen you. Your phone isn't at your flat so I know you have it. Where the fuck are you?

Elias: Jess was the girl you were with Kai? Are you with the boys right now? 

Elias: Whatever Kai told you isn't fucking true and you need to come home. Matty is going to hurt you, Jess, you know that. I know you are sad but you are only making things worse.

Elias: If anything, leave for the sake of my goddamn business Jess. You never fucking listen do you. 

Elias: I know you're seeing these. Come home now. I'll even pay for your ticket. 

Elias: Fuck's sake Jess, answer your phone. What has gotten into you?

Elias: I'm worried about you Jess, you're going to get hurt.

My eyes stung with tears. Elias was one of my closest friends, I'd known him since primary school. Now I was disobeying him, going behind his back and doing exactly what he told me not to do. This all started with a simple delivery he was kind enough to let me do to make some extra cash, yet here I was, sneaking out and lying to the one person who truly trusted me. The idea of losing his trust, or worse, his friendship overall was unbearable. 

I couldn't stand to hear his voicemails so I deleted them quickly, tears streaming down my cheeks, vision blurring.  

"You alright, pet?" Matty said as he entered his dressing room, his brow furrowed. 

I nodded, wiping away my tears before he could see them and forcing a smile. 

"Bullshit, try again," Matty said firmly.

I nodded slowly, steadying my breathing before speaking.

"Elias knows I'm here," I spoke, "he's pissed. He's never been mad at me before, never like this. I've ruined our friendship." I choked on the last words, struggling to say them out loud. It made it all so real. 

"What's he fussing about anyways?" Matty asked.

"He thinks you'll hurt me. It's the reason I left London, he thinks you'll get me all worked up just to let me down."

"Fuck's sake," Matty said, rubbing his eyes before taking a hit from his joint, "at this point I'm gonna go mad" he fell back on his couch, that same look of exhaustion on his face from the night he confessed his feelings to me. It hurt that I exhausted him so much when all I wanted was love. Why couldn't this be easy?

"Can I try it?" I asked, eyeing his joint as it dangled from his fingers. 

"Didn't take you as a stoner," Matty teased. 

"Never have been, just want a bit of that escape right now," I sighed. 

"I'm not trying to stop you, love," he winked.

________

A/N: Be sure to vote/comment if you enjoyed the chapter, I hope to have the next one out before I leave for my vacation in a few days!  Thanks loves!