the ninth

A/N: Guys we hit 200 reads real quick wtf I'm so grateful. Thanks for coming back with your love and support chapter after chapter it means a lot. 

Warning: This chapter discusses sensitive topics like drug use and assault. 

________

"Inhale" he spoke as the joint met my lips.

I did as instructed, the thick smoke filling my lungs.

"Hold it in a bit," Matty said, watching me intently.

I nodded, closing my eyes to focus on the sensation. However, it didn't last long as I quickly found myself coughing, smoke flooding my senses as it traveled out of my lips.

Matty chuckled, rubbing my back before handing me a bottle of water.

"Drink, pet" he smiled warmly.

I watched as he took another hit, completely unaffected by the feeling as I continued to cough. 

I took a few more hits before I couldn't handle the coughing anymore. I'd smoked a couple of fags before, but nothing like this. I stood up, giddy about the feeling that was to come, not knowing what to expect.

"You'll feel it in a bit, love" Matty spoke as I played with my hair. 

He was right. My head quickly went foggy as I slipped into a euphoric state. 

"Woah," I stammered, the feeling catching me by surprise as my senses felt dreamlike. 

"Alright?"  Matty chuckled as I stumbled about.

I nodded slowly before giggling uncontrollably. Now, this was an escape. 

"Come here, poppet," Matty called, opening his arms to me on the couch. 

I practically fell into him, the weed destroying my sense of boundaries. I craved him, wanting to feel him everywhere as my hands ran up and down his chest. I felt limitless. As I slipped deeper and deeper into my high, I grew curious, my fingertips exploring his curls now as I looked up at him, biting my lip, my eyes glazed over.

"Hi," I spoke innocently before bursting into a fit of giggles again. 

"Someone's feeling a bit handsy, aren't we?" Matty teased. 

However, I couldn't feel any shame, all I felt was desire. I began kissing up to his neck, making my way towards his jawline before I felt his fingers grip my chin, pulling me up to him. My senses were delayed as I tried to register what was going on before meeting Matty's eyes. 

"You're so fucking tempting, love" he sighed, "but we can't do this, not right now. Not while you're high."

"But Mattyyyyy, I want it" I begged, my vision blurring.

"I know you want it, darling, but I want you to mean it," he said.

"I do mean it," I pleaded, attempting to kiss him again but his grip on my chin was firm. 

"Not tonight, pet," he smiled sympathetically, kissing my forehead as I fell against him in defeat. 

"You're no fun," I teased, standing up to leave his dressing room and be with the others. 

I was halfway down the hall to the green room when I noticed Matty wasn't following me. I turned back, stumbling towards his dressing room before swinging my head through the door frame.

"You're supposed to come with me," I slurred. 

"I thought you said I was no fun," Matty spoke, winking at me as he looked up from his phone.