the tenth

A/N: Hello, my apologies for the delay in updates, I've been traveling a lot and have not had access to wifi. I'm currently in Cambodia now which is insane. Anyways, enough about me, on with the chapter. Thanks for all of the love and support!

________

The warm water beat down on my back, washing away his unwanted touch on my body, his blood on my face, so I only had the bruises on my wrist to remember him by. 

There was a knock at the door, pulling me from my sleep-like state.

"Hey love, it's Kai" she spoke as she walked in, "I've brought you some fresh clothes when you're ready,"

I hummed in response as she closed the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts once again. The party had mostly cleared out by now, George gone off with Matty to discuss his outburst. I couldn't help but smile as I repeated the words "she's mine" in my head. Although I still didn't understand it, there was no question, I was his.

And suddenly, my eyes stung with tears. Yet, for the first time in a long time, they were good tears. Very good tears. I belonged to Matty Healy. 

I wrapped a towel around my body, giggling at my reflection as I wiped the tears away with my good wrist. 

"Love I-" Kai paused as she entered, a concerned look on her face as she saw my tears, "are you okay?"

"Yes," I nodded, "I'm so happy, Kai,"

Despite me wearing only a towel, Kai pulled me in for a hug.

"He really is your whole world isn't he," she asked. I nodded my head again. "Good, because he would do anything for you," 

She shot me a warm smile before disappearing again, allowing me to change. 

"Kai," I called out after her, "these are Matty's clothes"

"That's right," she winked.

I smiled again as I slipped into his joggers, noticing the striped jumper laid out for me was the one he was wearing that morning in London. The one I had longed to wear so badly as I wore the navy blue one belonging to my ex-boyfriend.  

I fabric as it hung over my small frame, Matty's scent entrancing me. 

The halls were quiet as I navigated towards the living room.

"Hey kid," George's warm voice echoed, "how are you doing?"

"Much better," I smiled at him. 

"Here," he spoke, running to grab some ice, "for your wrist,"

I took the pack gladly, wrapping it around my purple bruises as George pointed down the hall.

"Matty's down there, first room on the left" 

I said a quick thank you before making my way, feeling rather comfortable all wrapped in his clothes. Matty hummed as I entered the room, glasses propped up on the bridge of his nose. 

"My shirt looks so good when it's just hanging off your back," he teased. I was taken back to the show, where I had stood backstage, listening to that song, longing for it to be real. Longing for it to be about me. This was a fantasy.

"Don't use your lyrics on me," I scolded playfully.

"I was just making sure you were paying attention," he winked, opening a spot on the bed next to him.

I fell into his arms as they wrapped around me, nestling my face into his chest.

"But fine," Matty sighed, "no old lyrics. I'd rather write new ones about you anyways"