A Gentleman's Handkerchief

The ceremony was over and the reception has just started, everyone is just waiting for the bride and groom to get here. Until then, everyone mingled and drank the grapefruit juice, I was told not to let people drink the champagne until they got here. What is taking them so long? I don't know how much longer I can keep everyone waiting, soon they will start to leave.

 "Bradley! You know some jokes don't you?" I asked him since he was standing by me and he's always telling us jokes that we didn't ask to hear.

 "Sure you want to hear one? A bird and a frog walk into a bar-" he started but I pushed him towards the stage.

 "People are getting impatient, maybe if u tell them some jokes then they'll stick around a little bit longer," I rushed out while pushing him up the steps while he tried to resist. As soon as he got up there, the crowd clapped and the spotlight was put on him.

 "Uhhh, so how's everyone doing tonight?" Everyone clapped and one lady whistled. He took the microphone out of the stand and unbuttoned his black suit coat, and started telling his jokes.

 "Phoebe! Phoebe!" Tom, the best man, yelled as he ran towards me like a child.

 "Tom get a hold of yourself! What's going on?" I asked hoping he is sane enough to tell me why he is bothering me.

 "The, she, everywhere," he stopped to catch his breath.  "Anna, she wasn't feeling good so her mom gave her some juice but, well, she threw up all over the ladies restroom," he finally said.

 "What?!" I said and started to race towards the restroom, he chased after me.

 "Phoebe wait!" I heard him yell but I ignored him. I got to the bathroom door and opened it, which was my mistake, a huge mistake. He was right, she puked everywhere including above the door. Strings of green puke dripped on my hair. I screamed, loud, very loud. So Tom put his hands on my mouth to muffle the scream. Eventually, I stopped screaming and started crying.

 "Hey! Get away you swine!" Someone barked. The next thing I knew Tom was knocked out with a punch.

 "Woah! Dude!" I said through my tears and looked at the person through my cloudy eyesight, so I can't tell who it is.

 "Wasn't this guy attacking you?" He asked.

 "No!" I insisted.

 "Then why are you crying?"

 "Look at my hair! Throw up, is everywhere! The bride and groom aren’t here, Tom is knocked out, there's a sick kid loose somewhere, I just can't handle this! I don't want to be maid of honor anymore, it's too hard! Congratulations, you’ve been promoted to maid of honor," I said whining like a baby and the tears flowed harder.

 "Aw poor Phoebe. Listen to me, you're going to go into the guys bathroom, clean yourself up and go back out there because even though I don't know you very well, I can tell you are not a quitter," I laughed at how wrong he was, and I felt his hand on my upper arm.

 "I'm serious. You can't give up when things get hard, you endure the pain, the heartache, and you keep going," he said seriously. This made me smile, whoever this guy is; he's wise, if only I could see who he is. Darn you teary eyes.

 "Thanks," I said and he wiped one of my tears, then gave me a handkerchief and walked away.

 "Ugh, did you punch me?" Tom asked as he started to wake up.

 I laughed and wiped my face with the handkerchief. I helped him up and made my way to get cleaned up in the guy’s bathroom, hopefully nobody's in there.