Jades Cafe

Morning finally came but it was gloomy and misty. When I opened the tent it was a punch in the face, full of humidity. At first it was incredibly disappointing, but once I got out and stretched, it was quite nice.

  "Good morning Phoebe," Tom said. Where did he come from? He didn't come out of his tent just now so I don't understand.

  "What are you doing up?" I asked.

  "I had to tinkle," he shared with me, causing my face to squish. No squish isn't the right word. Maybe scrunched? Ya, it scrunched itself up in a displeased look.

  "Where?" I asked hoping there was at least little outhouse or something.

He shrugged "I don't know, a tree over there somewhere," he gestured his hand pointing to the right of him. Great, no bathrooms. I hate camping.

  "Oh ok then. Here's your ukulele, thanks for letting me use it," I pulled it out of my tent and handed it to him.

  "Anytime," he smiled.

  "Good morning ladies," Patrice emerged from her tent and went over to us.

  "Good morning Pat," I replied.

  "I'm starved! What are we going to eat?" Patrice asked.

  "I didn't pack any food," Tom answered, and they both looked at me.

  "Remember? I was kidnapped here, I obviously have no food," I announced so we just stood there in silence, but I could feel Patrice staring at me.

  "Why are you staring at me?"

  "You know, I've never really looked at your eyes," she said.

  "Ok creep," I said and Tom laughed.

  "No, I mean I never noticed you have green eyes," she smiled maliciously.

  "A lot of people have green eyes," I said, but I knew what she was thinking because I've been thinking the same thing sense last night.

  "You're the only one here with green eyes," she announced.

  "I don't understand what's happening right now. Someone explain," Tom demanded.

  "Well Tom, I think that last night a certain someone sang a song called Green eyes, so I think that certain someone was singing it to our little Phoebe," she clarified and his face was no longer confused, in fact he was maliciously smiling like Patrice.

  "Oh I see," Tom said.

  "You guys, that's crazy. He didn't write the song, plus him and I are just friends, so wipe that stupid look off your faces and act like adults,"  I told them, while trying to act calm.

  "Man I am starving!" Kyle announced and we all turned around and looked at him. Oh my cheese! How does someone look so good after sleeping in the woods,on the ground, practically outside, and not to mention, he just woke up!

  "Oh Kyle, good morning," I said nervously. Oh no! How long has he been standing there? I started to panic, but tried my best not to let it show.

  "Good morning Phoebe, Tom, and Patrice," why did he say all of our names? He must've heard us talking and is messing with our minds! Then again, I could be blowing this way out of proportion. Maybe he always says names individually. Yeah that's possible right? Everyone I know would've said something like 'good morning everyone,' but I don't know him very well so that could just be the way he talks. Wait a minute, I'm probably just over thinking everything. All he meant was good morning, nothing more, nothing less.