Old Spice

While driving home I dialed Kyle's number and awaited his answer.

  "Hi Phoebe," he answered and I smiled.

  "Hi Kyle, how are you doing on this beautiful day?" I asked.

  "I'm good. I was just about to jump into the shower actually."

  "Oh okay then I won't keep you. I just wanted to invite you to a little get together tonight at Ellie and Dave's house."

  "Yeah I think I'm free. Where do they live?" He asked.

  "I've only been to their new place once, so I know how to get there but I don't really know exactly where it is in, you know, street terms," I said then laughed at myself and so did he.

  "Well then should we go together?" He asked.

  "Yeah, sounds good," I answered.

  "When should I pick you up?"

  "Um I don't know. Tom is suppose to talk to Dave to see what time we should be there, so I'll let you know once Tom tells me," I said.

   "Oh, okay. So I'll talk to you soon then."

   "Bye," I hung up. Tonight is going to be a crazy night. My Best friends, probably my siblings, and my, uh, date. Not to mention some emotional news that I'll probably have to act surprised about, since they don't know that I know. Which means no mascara, and enough tissue to go around.

  I pulled up to my apartment to see that Patrice and my sister, Ariel, are standing in front of my apartment building. So I got out of my car and approached them.

  "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them both.

  "Just came to see you and hang out," Patrice answered. I began walking to my apartment and they followed me.

  "Oh by the way Patrice, we are having a get to gather at Ellie's house tonight if you want to come," I made sure to tell her before I forgot.

  "Okay," she said simply.

  "No thanks, I think I'll be busy anyway," Ariel said even though I didn't invite her. I smiled and unlocked the door, and entered.

  "I'm going to take a shower, but help yourself to the food in the kitchen, if there is any," I walked off to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and got in. Showers are so wonderful don't you think? It's like all your troubles, and worries go down the drain and for a little bit, your mind can rest easy. Showers are so much better then baths in my opinion. Once I finished washing myself and my hair, I wrapped myself and my wet hair, in towels and walked out of the bathroom.

  I waltzed into my room and put on some clothes. After I decided that my outfit was acceptable, I walked in the living room expecting to see Patrice and Ariel, but it seems they've left. I'm actually kind of glad they left, I don't feel like dealing with those two at the moment. Oh I should probably check my phone to see if Tom had a time for tonight yet. So I go back into my room and grab my phone to check it. Well what do you know, he sent me a text.

  "So I talked to Dave and he said everyone can come over around 5," Tom tested.

  "Okay, I told Patrice and Kyle, can you tell Bradley?" I tested back.

  "Yeah," he simply replied.

  So I guess I should tell Kyle it's at 5 before I forget. Text or call? I always call, I suppose I'll text him this time.

  "Hey, so they said to come around 5," I typed and sent.

  "Okay. What are you doing right now?" He asked.

  "I just got out of the shower so nothing. Why?" I replied.

  "I just found out I'm going to need glasses. Do want to help me pick some out?" He tested back.

  "Yes, I'll help you out," I answered.

  "Great, I'll be there soon. Text me your address?" He asked so I did. He told me he was on his way so I took my still wet hair, out of the towel and shook my head like a dog. My long strands smacked me in the face which made my face damp. I used my shirt to dry my face, yeah I know it's lazy, don't judge me. I walked to the front of my apartment building to wait for him, which didn't take long. He drove past me a little then went in reverse and rolled down the window.

  "Hey beautiful, need a ride?" He said making me blush.

  "Would you're girl be okay with that?" I said playing with him. I didn't realize that I called myself his girl until after I had said it and obviously I can't take it back. He got out of the car and walked over to where I was, which was the other side of the car. Somehow he looked better then usual, maybe it's because his hair is damp because he took a shower a little bit ago. You'd think it be dry by now.

  "Hi," he said and smiled. We hugged, have I mentioned how good his hugs are? Well there good, it's like being wrapped in safety. Safety that has the glorious smell of old spice. Ah old spice.

  "Hi," I said back. We stopped hugging and he opened the passenger door for me. I climbed in his clean car which smelled just like him, it's like a treat for my nose. Nose candy? That sounds gross.

  "So how has your day been?" He asked me as he got into the drivers seat and started driving. His question made me think, how has my day been? It started with a lost phone and me ripping a chair. Then I had an emotional lunch with my ex, which caused me physical pain, and now I'm with Kyle.

  "Well, it's been hectic in a way. But it's better now," I said making him smile.

  "Tell me about it?" He asked but I didn't realize he was asking, I thought he was saying 'tell me about it' as in, he understands. So I didn't say anything, which caused his face to look confused, which finally made me realize.

  "Oh that was a question!" I stated, laughing from embarrassment. "Sorry. Well I started the day all happy because of how great last night was, but then a phone call interrupted my happy thoughts, so blah blah blah, I ripped a chair open to get the phone but I didn't get there in time so I ripped my chair for nothing. So then blah blah blah, I went to lunch with Tom and we talked about some emotional things and blah blah blah, and then I took a shower and here we are," I said. I probably said blah, to much, but I can't help it, it's a bad habit I have when I don't feel like explaining every little thing.

  "What kind of emotional things did you two talk about?" He asked.

  "Just life, and changes and everything," I answered.

  "You didn't cry did you?"

  I cleared my throat then answered "I got a little teary eyed."

  "Because of Tom? What did he say that made you sad?" Kyle asked.

  "Like I said, changes and life. He's making a decision that is kind of hard for me, well the group, to deal with," I said trying not to blab that Tom is moving.

  "Well what is it?" He asked.

  "I can't really say exactly. I'm the only one who knows and he is going to talk to the group about it tonight, so yeah." I said trying to end the conversation.

  "Okay, well as long as you're okay, then I don't have any problems with Tom."

  "Good, I'm glad," I said. We sat in silence until we arrived at the glasses place. It was actually a lot more fun helping him pick out glasses then it seemed. It even kept us occupied long enough so that we could go straight to dinner when we finished. In the end he decided on some round vintage glasses that looked very nice on him. He's got one of those faces that looks good no matter what he puts on it. So he was happy with his decision and so was I, so he paid and we left. Now to let the emotions back out.

A/N

Sorry it took me so long to upload but here it is at last. It's really not edited and its late so I apologize for the mistakes. But I hope you enjoyed, and please Vote and comment. It seems as though I have rather silent readers. What's up with that? I love you all anyway! XOXO