Two Weeks

As the night went by, everything seemed so perfect. Well better then perfect but like I said before, there isn't a word for better then perfect. At the end of the night Kyle and I talked about having a real date, and we decided on this upcoming Saturday. We didn't decide where to go exactly, but it doesn't really matter where we go anyway, as long as we are together. Was that too corny? I apologize.
  It's been three days sense we hung out at Brads house, and I can't stop counting down the days until Saturday. I bet Rufus is tired of me talking about it all the time, but I can't help it! I even made plans tonight with the girls to go shopping for a new dress. I'm probably making too much out of all this. But ah who cares right? I'm excited and I just can't hide it. Isn't that from a song?
  "Phoebe!" Someone said interrupting my thoughts. Then I realized, I'm still at work.  "Quit daydreaming, and help costumers," my boss, Oliver, said.
  "Sorry Oliver, I was just thinking about this date I have with this really swell guy," I said smiling.
  "Oh wow, this guy sounds great! Why don't we cut off work, go get some cheesecake, and talk more about your personal life that I didn't ask too hear in the first place," he said sarcastically, "get back to work!" He walked away. I looked around for these customers that he was talking about, but there weren't any. All I saw were employees just standing around.
  "What's up Pheebs," Bradley said whilst walking over to me.
  "Hey Brad," I smiled, "why is Oliver so cranky today?"
  "His mother in-law is in town," Brad said making me laugh.
  "Oh I see," I said.
  "So what's been going on? You and Kyle seemed pretty cuddly the other day."
  "Well, he told me he likes me," I started blushing.
  "And you told him that you like him?"
  "Yes, then he kissed me on the forehead," I couldn't stop smiling and giggling. I'm very cliche right now, arnt I?
  "You two are adorable. You do know that he dyes his hair right?" He asked and I laughed.
  "Yes he told me, but I'm hoping I can convince him to stop."
  "But there is gray in his hair," does he think I don't know that?
  "Obviously. I'm okay with that though. A man that ages gracefully, is quite attractive."
  "Whatever you say kid," he smiled. "I'm going to take off, I'll see tomorrow," we hugged and we went our separate ways.
  I hopped in my car and started driving. Since I had my Bluetooth on, I called Ellie.
  "Hello darling," she answered.
  "Hey dollface, did you pick up Alex yet?"
  "Yeah she's in the car with me," she said and I could Alex yell out 'hi'.
  I laughed and continued "Okay, where do you guys want to meet. Should we eat first or shop first?" I asked.
  "Shop first, because if we eat first the shops will be closed by the time we get there," she claimed.
  "Okay, then we head to the mall! I'm on my way, and can you let Patrice know?"
  "Sure. See ya," she said and hung up.
  Shopping and I have a love hate relationship. I only like it, when I find something I can afford, and something that fits well. Otherwise I hate it.
  While shopping, for two hours mind you, I happened to find three dresses that I couldn't decide on, so I bought all three. Don't judge me.
  After shopping, we went too the nearest diner and sat outside.
  "I can't believe you bought all three of the dresses," Patrice said as she dug into the complementary rolls.
  "Well I couldn't decide, besides how often do I go on dates?" I asked.
  "That's true," Ellie said "have you dated anyone sense Tom?" She asked and I became slightly uncomfortable.
  "Only one guy, but I only dated him for a week," I answered.
  "Wait, what Tom thing?" Patrice said, surprising me, but then I remember that when I was with Tom, she wasn't even in the group yet.
  "They dated for like two weeks," Alex explained to Patrice.
  "Then Phoebe ended it," Ellie remarked.
  "When did all of this happen?" Patrice asked.
  "Like four years ago," I answered then took a sip of my lemon water.
  "Why did you break it off?" Patrice asked.
  "He told me he loved me, and I didn't feel the same way," I said quietly.
  "So let me get this straight. You dated him for two weeks, and in that time, he knew he loved you and told you he loved you. Right?"
  "I guess," I said simply.
  "Wow, that's kind of sweet. And the fact that he told you, and didn't keep it inside, that's really something," Patrice commented.
  "Yeah, it's definitely not something you find everyday," Alex said.
  "Phoebe, you're always saying that you want love. Then once you get it, you turn away. You didn't have to break up just because you weren't sure if you loved him yet. I think you're afraid," Ellie said.
  "Afraid of what? Love? That's crazy, don't you think that if I loved Tom that I would've felt it by now?" I said, becoming slightly defensive.
  "Maybe if you were still dating him. Who knows. But when things get crazy, you just give up. Maybe you should stop giving up," Ellie said. My fists tightened under the table because of what she said. But she's right, when things get serious, I give up. What is wrong with me?
  "Don't give up on Kyle," Alex said, "he seems like a good guy, who really likes you. Not to mention, he's some yummy eye candy," Alex added, making us laugh.
  "He is really good looking, can you imagine what your kids would look like? They would have your gorgeous red hair, his piercing blue eyes, your cheek bones, his, well everything else. That's what you call a perfect kid," Patrice laughed at herself.
  "Our kids would be cute, but I don't want kids so that's not going to happen," I said causing Alex to laugh.
  "Why is that funny?" Ellie asked.
  "I thought the same thing when I was dating Mason. But after I knew he was my true love, and we got married, and as you guys know, I went berserk when I found out I was going to have a baby. But then I realized, I love Mason more then anything in the world, and having his baby, how could it be a bad thing when he's so perfect too me? A little piece of him, and myself, formed into one little human being," Alex said. She looked so happy.
  "That's really sweet man," Patrice said.
  "I'm pregnant again!" Alex exclaimed.
  "What?! That's so exciting! Congratulations!" I said and we all tackled her in a big bear hug.
  As the night went by, everything seemed so wonderful. This is just about the time that something goes wrong. Right now though, the wonderfulness of the world was something I wasn't going to let go by.
  It seemed as though nothing could dampen the mood. I honestly believed that until I got home and found both my brother and sister inside of my home, waiting for me.

A/N

So this one seems a lot shorter then the others. Sorry about that, I'll work on making them longer. Well Besides the shortness, I hope you guys enjoyed it! Don't forget to Vote/Comment/share, or ya know, don't. Whichever you want to do my darlings.
  XOXO