Silence Filled With Raindrops

Well it's been about three weeks sense the wedding and other then the camping trip, everythinghing had been pretty peaceful. Everyone went back to their jobs, and in Alex and Masons case, back to their kids. I hadn't seen anyone sense the day we went camping, except Brad, because we basically work together. Even though we work together, we haven't had much time to talk because of people suddenly wanting perfume or cologne. One of us was always busy, which I guess is a good thing.

  "You love who you love who you love," my phone rang. Yes that's my ringtone, don't judge me.

  "Hello," I answered.

  "Hey Pheebsy!" There's only one person calls me that.

  "Ellie! How's the honeymoon?"

  "California is so pretty! It is so much better then I expected."

  "Well I'm sure the fact that your there with your new husband, makes it a whole lot better."

She laughed "that's true. So do you think you can pick us up from the airport?"

  "When do you need to be picked up?"

  "Our flight gets in around 4."

  "Sure I'll do it."

  "Great! Oh and one more thing, it's 4am. Your the best, thank you, love you, bye!" She hung up before I could argue. How in the world am I going to wake up that early? Maybe I could stay up that late, but that's dangerous especially if I'm going to be driving. I know! Patrice could stay the night to keep me awake. So I dialed her number.

  "Hi," she answered nonchalantly.

  "Hey Patrice, this is Pheebs. I was wondering if you want to spend the night tonight," there was a silence.

  "I haven't had a sleep over in years. Why do you want me to spend the night?"

  "Well, your sister and brother in law, are coming back and they asked me to pick them up from the airport. The thing is, their flight gets in around 4am so I need someone to keep me awake."

  "Yeah, I'm not doing that."

  "Why not?"

  "Tomorrow is Saturday. I sleep in on Saturdays."

  I sighed "fine. Oh a customer just walked in, gotta go," I hung up and approached the costumer.

  "Hi, can I help you find anything?" But the costumer just ignored me, "ma'am?" But she ignored me again. The nerve! I marched away to the counter. I'm sick of this job, I'm sick of rude costumers, and I'm sick of this garbage they call perfume. If I could, I would quit in a second.

  "Why arnt you helping that costumer?" Brad walked up and asked.

  "I tried, but they think they're better then everyone," I rolled my eyes.

  "Well, she has a hearing aid. Maybe she couldn't hear you," he suggested.

  "Hearing aid," I muttered. How could I not notice she had a hearing aid, now I feel like a jerk. So I walked up to her and talked louder. Success. I smiled and gave Brad a thumbs up. After I finished helping her I went back to the counter.

  "Your welcome," he smirked, making me smile.

  "Slow day," Janice, the make-up lady, said as she walked by.

  Brad and I stood in silence for a moment until I started making conversation.

  "So, Ellie and Dave come back tomorrow."