Lovebug

I don't know what to do about all of this, I could lie and be supportive but I'm not a good liar. If only I could just be happy for him like a normal person, I wouldn't have to think about this. 

  "Phoebe," Dave said.

  I looked up and said "I'm not going to be happy about him moving."

  "Fine, but either keep your opinions about this away from Tom and Ellie, or lie and act supportive," he told me.

  "Fine," I sighed. He handed me a paper towel and walked into the living room. I wiped my tears and also went into the living room. When I entered everyone went quiet and looked at me, except Kyle. Oh man Kyle, he must think I'm psychotic.

  "The psycho is back," Andrew said and laughed. I would've said something back but he's right. I just smiled and sat down on the couch.

  "Sorry Tom," I said.

  "Its okay Phoebe," is all he said.

  "So, um, are you ready to go?" Kyle asked me awkwardly. I shook my head and he held my hand.

  "Thank you for inviting us, we had a nice time. And Tom, I hope everything works out for you man," Kyle said and I just stood next to him like a useless child.

  "Thanks, and take care of Phoebe," Tom said as he shook Kyle's hand. How dare Tom tell Kyle to take care of me! I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself! The nerve of this guy!

  "Wait I'll make you guys some bowls of stew to take home," Ellie said as she went into the kitchen.

  "I'll be right back," I said and let go of Kyle's hand and went into the kitchen.

  "Ellie, I'm a psychopath," I confused and she smiled.

  "Yeah I know."

  "And I totally overreacted, I guess I still have some unresolved feelings for Tom and they got in the way," I said.

  "That's what I've been saying," she smiled.

  "But I'll try to be happier for the sake of Tom and the rest of the group."

  "Good," she said and handed me two containers of stew.

  "Phoebe, are you ready?" Kyle came into the kitchen and asked.

  "Yeah, bye Ellie," I said. We hugged everyone goodbye and went on our way.

  So far the car ride has been pretty silent, I hope Kyle isn't mad or anything.

  "So did you have fun?" I asked.

  "Yeah for the most part," he said, "the screaming and the tears, weren't fun to watch," he added.

  "I'm sorry, it's just that Tom has all ways been a big part of my life, and to think about him leaving is not pleasant."

  "So you still have a lot of feelings for him?" Kyle asked.

  "I'll always have a little bit of feelings for, doesn't mean I love him or anything," I answered.

  "Do wish you were still with him?" He asked, sounding afraid of the answer.

  "Pull over," I said and he did. He parked then looked at me. I kissed him and said "I want to be with you, not Tom. Tom is a big part of my past, but I want you to be a big part of my future," I smiled.

  "That was our first kiss," he said smiling.

  "You can continue driving now," I said. He kept smiling and started driving again.