Everyone Has An Ugly Side

A/N

I know I just posted but I'm trying to finish nanowrimo and I wrote more, so I thought I'd share.   Enjoy! XOXO                                       

                                                                  Kyle Mayberry’s P.O.V.

  I called my friend Adam, and told him to meet me at the bar. I’m not one to drink usually but right now, maybe it’ll take the pain down to a tolerable level.

  “Another please,” I told the bartender and held up my empty glass. The goal isn’t to get drunk, it’s merely to lighten the pain a little.  I don’t know what to do about all of this, I want to do the right thing but I’m conflicted as to what that is.

  “Gin and tonic for me please,” Adam said as he sat down. “What’s going on man? We are at a bar in the morning, must be pretty bad ay?”

  “It hurts man, right here,” I pointed to my heart.

  “What happened?” He asked sincerely.

   “We he had a fight.”

  “You and that girl you’ve been dating?” he asked.

  “Phoebe, her name is Phoebe.”

  “Fine, what did you and Phoebe fight about?”

  “Her other boyfriend,” I rolled my eyes at the thought.

  “Other boyfriend? First of all, are you even her boyfriend? And second of all, other boyfriend?!” Adam said.

  “We’ve never talked about it, and no she doesn’t have another boyfriend. She still has feelings for an old boyfriend who loves her, and they’re best friends, which I think is wrong,” I told him.

  “Oh I see.”

  “I was okay with it until something just snapped inside me when he came to her place at 8am today. They’re too close Adam, I don’t want her to have feelings for another guy,” I explained.

  “And you told her this?”

  “Yes, but when I made her choose-“

  “Whoa, whoa, whoa. You made her choose between you, a guy she’s been going out with for like a month, and her ex who she still has some left over feelings for? How did that seem like a good idea?”

  “If her and I want to get anywhere in this relationship then the whole Tom situation thing needed to be addressed sooner or later,” I said.

  “So you chose sooner. I’m assuming Tom is the ex, maybe you should’ve talked to him about it first,” he pointed out.

  “But then he probably would’ve told Phoebe and she would’ve gotten mad about me talking to him about her instead of talking to her. Besides its to late to think about what I should’ve done.”

  “That is a valid point.  What do you want to do? Get her back, or let her go?”

  “I want her back, but I also want her to be happy,” I said.

  “Do you think she’s happy right now? You just made her choose between two people who, I’m sure, mean a lot to her. If you want her to be happy, and if you want her heart to belong to you, then you have to earn it. A month is not long enough to earn something that precious. You have to make this right, you should go and apologize for making her do that and tell her that you want to get through this, then sit down like adults, not bickering teenagers, and discuss you and her,” Adam said. He’s always given good advice.