Waiting For A Miracle

• Didedikasikan kepada All My Close Friends

  It took us a little while to find the correct house but we finally made it. They had a cute house, it was nice but also modest, they've never been the type of people to have a lot of material things.
  "We should've asked if we should bring anything," Kyle pointed out as we rang the doorbell.
  "Well it's to late now," I said. It wasn't long before Ellie answered the door.
  "Hey! Come on in," she greeted. We walked inside their house that still looked brand new.  "So what do you guys think of the place?" Ellie asked.
  "Its so cute! Have you finished unpacking yet?" I asked.
  "Pretty much, there's still a few boxes in the basement," she said and I nodded in understandment.
  "Where is everyone?" Kyle asked.
  "Dave is in the kitchen finishing up the food I think. And everyone else is in the living room. Follow me," she said happily and led the way.
  We followed her through a door that revealed the living room and all the people, except Dave.  They didn't see us though, they were too busy playing some kind of card game, and talking.
  "Go ahead and have a seat, I'm going to go see if Dave needs any help," Ellie smiled then walked away. Kyle grabbed my hand and we walked over to where everyone else was, including my brother, but they still didn't see us. Why is my brother Andrew here?
  "Hey guys," I said and they looked at us.
  "Hey!" Everyone said and they stood up to greet us with hugs, then they sat back down to keep playing their game. So we sat down in one of those chairs that are big enough for two people. What are those called again? Loveseat I think. Ah who knows.
  "So what took you two so long to get here?" Mason asked.
  "We got a little lost," Kyle said.
  "Oh haha. You want a beer or something?" Mason asked Kyle.
  "Sure," Kyle said simply and Mason walked into a room that I'm assuming is the kitchen.
  "So Phoebe, whose this guy?" Andrew walked over to us and asked.
  "Andrew, this is Kyle. Kyle this is my little brother Andrew," I introduced them. Kyle stood up and shook Andrews hand. Andrew looked him up and down suspiciously.
  "How old are you?" Andrew asked.
  "35," Kyle answered making Andrew look surprised.
  "Nice man. So you guys are dating?" Andrew asked.
  "Andrew, why do you care?" I asked.
  "I'd like to know what's happening in my big sisters life," he said, annoying me.
  Ellie came back from the kitchen and said "Okay do guys want to eat now or-"
  "Food!" Patrice yelled, interrupting Ellie.
  "Okay okay," Ellie said and walked back to the kitchen.
  "Hand sanitizer anyone?" Alex offered, and everyone took some. We thanked her then migrated to the table.
As we waited for the food everyone around me chatted and laughed, having a good time, and I just sat there and smiled, observing everyone. I look around the table, looking at the smiling faces until I came upon Tom's face. Even though he was smiling, he looked like he was sad, alone, and waiting for a miracle.
  "Alright everyone! Let's eat," Dave said as he came out of the kitchen, carrying a big bowl of some kind of stew, which smelled perfect.
  "Looks good!" Bradley said rubbing his hands together like an evil scientist.
  "Dig in," Dave told us and sat down at the table.
  We all filled up the bowls that sat in front of us, with steaming stew. That stew was so yummy, I think my tastebuds are dancing. It's one of those foods that, even when your full, you make yourself keep on eating.
  After we finished, we settled in to watch a movie. All of us were on the couch, the couple's cuddled, and the single people, well they didn't cuddle. The night was swiftly coming to an end which made me realize that Tom hasn't announced that he's moving yet, Is he going to wait until the last minute or something? Maybe he forgot. What, no he wouldn't forget.
  I really want to ask him what his plan is but I can't talk during of the movie. I could text him but there's no way that Kyle wouldn't see the text. I'll just get up and go to the kitchen and on my way there I'll smack Tom's arm or something.
  "I'll be right back," I whispered in Kyle's ear.
  "You okay?" He whispered back.
  "Yeah I'm just going to get a beer," I said quietly then I stood up and walked past Tom. I flicked his head while walking, and I went into the kitchen. Where are the beers anyway? So I searched through the fridge looking for the beers but they arnt there. "Where do these people keep their beers?" I said to myself out loud.
  "They ran out," Tom said making me jump. He just came out of nowhere!
  "Tom you scared me!" I said whilst laughing.
  "I guess that's payback for flicking me in the head," he smiled.
  "Yeah sorry, I didn't know how else to get you to follow me into the kitchen," I said.
  "Well what did you want?" He asked.
  "Okay so tonight has been nice right? We ate yummy stew, did some other things, watched a movie. Wouldn't you say that it's been a nice night?" I said.
  "Yeah, what are you getting at?" He asked. That's a very good question, I don't even remember where I'm going with this. Oh ya!
  "When are you going to ruin the night with your sad news?" I said making him smile.
  "Oh yeah that. So I decided not to tell them tonight."
  "Why not?" I asked.
  "Because everyone is so happy, I'd hate to be the cause of their sadness," he said.
  "So you'd rather wait until they're sad? What sense does that make?"
  "No, I was going to wait until I move and then I could call them from New York," the whimp, I mean Tom said.
  "Come on Tom if you don't do it tonight, you going to keep putting it off. It'll be okay, I mean they're going to be mad but they'll get over it," I smiled.
  "That's reassuring," he sighed.
  "Come on," I said and walked back into the living room and returned to my seat next to Kyle.
  "You missed the whole ending of the movie Pheebs," Mason said as he stood up and stretched.
  "Oh well, I'll live," I said.
  "Where's the beer you went to get?" Kyle asked.
  "Oh there isn't any more," I answered.
  "I think we are going to head out," Alex said.
  "No wait!" I jumped up and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. "You can't leave yet!" I added.
  "Why not?" Alex asked.
  "Because um," I looked at Tom and he shook his head, "fine I'll tell them," I said.
  "Tell us what?" Dave asked.
  "Tom is moving to New York!" I told them.
  Ellie gasped and asked "Tom? Is that true?"
  "Yes," he simply answered. I looked at everyone's faces and they seemed shocked and a little sad but not as sad as I though they would be.
  "Why?" Brad asked.
  "Because I need a change, everyone is doing something. Ellie and Dave just got married and have a new house, Alex and Mason are having another kid, and Phoebe and Kyle are starting a relationship. Everyone is doing something with their life's, except for me. So New York is like me starting my life," he said and my eyes became teary again.
  "Why can't you start your new life here? Where everyone  is," Patrice asked.
  "I just, I need to get out of Seattle," Tom said.
  "I get it. It makes me sad that your going to be leaving, but if you need to see what there is for you in New York then I think you should do it," Ellie said and everyone said yeah in agreement. What is wrong with these people?!
  "That's it? No yelling? No crying? No begging to stay? What's wrong with you people?" I asked. They're making me hysterical! How can they be so cool and collected? Like cucumbers!
  "Phoebe, Tom is our friend. I agree with Ellie, we should be happy and supportive," Dave attempted to calm me down.
  "No! He's leaving us! I don't understand why everyone is okay with this," I said.
  "Well not everyone," Kyle muttered under his breath.
  "Phoebe calm down," Tom ordered.
  "Tom! You're leaving and they're not mad! How can I be calm when nobody agrees with me?" I asked but it was more of a statement.
  "Phoebe, kitchen now," Ellie said sternly and walked into the kitchen with Dave following her. They're just going to lecture me, but I'll go anyway. I walked into the kitchen and saw Ellie standing on the opposite side of the island then Dave, with her arms crossed.
  "Have a seat," Dave said and I rolled my eyes as I sat on one of the bar stools.
  "Did you just roll your eyes at us?!" Ellie asked but Dave looked at her and she rolled her eyes at him.
  "Why are you so upset about Tom?" Dave asked me.
  "Because he's abandoning us. Apparently we arn't enough for him, so he has to MOVE away to find better!" I exclaimed.
  "Phoebe! As much as I hate that you and Tom broke up, it's OVER so just get over it already!" Ellie yelled.
  "What are you talking about?" I asked.
  "What my beautiful wife is trying to say is, do you think you don't want him to leave because you still love him?" Dave asked.
  "Oh no babe, she was never in love with him. Remember that's why she dumped him!" Ellie yelled again.
  "Hey! I didn't dump him! We decided it would be best! BOTH OF US DECIDED! So don't attack me!" I defended.
  "How about you don't tell me what to do!" She said making me stand up. I clenched my fists, "oh you want to go? Let's do it pepsqueak!"
  "Hey! Guys calm down. Ellie, please go into the living room," Dave asked. She agreed but glared at me the whole walk to the living room.
  "No I don't still have feelings for him," I said and sat back down.
  "Then what is your problem?" He asked.
  "I told you, it's not fair."
  "Its not fair for a guy to move on with his life?" He asked.
  "Not Tom," I said quietly and a tear fell.
  "So you do have feelings for him?"
  "I'll always have feelings him, but I just don't want him to leave. What's so wrong with that?" I asked.
  "The thing is Phoebe, he still loves you obviously and seeing you with Kyle must be ripping him apart. Would you rather him being here and miserably in love with a girl, or in New York attempting a happy normal life?" He asked but I didn't answer. I just looked down at the counter. I know it's not fair of me to expect him to hang around while I'm with some other guy. But I just can't be happy about him moving, I just can't.

A/N

Sorry for mistakes in this chapter, but I hope everyone enjoyed it. XOXO