Chapter 5

After hearing from Roman about the information, Jaune said on Smartscroll.

Jaune: Thank you. I'll send transport to pick you guys up and take you to my colonized nation... Goodbye...

He hangs up his phone and goes to the holographic screen to check any records about Cinder and her minions. He checks the names available in Beacon or other academies to see where they come from. He finds a record of student names in Haven. Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald are part of the list, which is fake. He senses something might happen to his friends at Beacon while he's away for many years. Anyway, he focuses on those three names that pose a threat to every kingdom and academy, including GDI. He then calls Robert, Peter, and Nova to come to his room.

Robert, Peter, and Nova come in as Jaune addresses them.

Jaune: Friends, I got a report from my spy that Cinder is going to the CCT tower at Beacon Academy to hack a system for something. They are already at the academy. I don't know what she's planning, but we can't let that happen, can we?

Robert: Nope!

Peter: Uh-huh.

Nova: Negative.

Jaune: Then, it came to my attention that we're going to Beacon Academy in the nighttime. It's Beacon dance tonight, which gives us time to get there while everyone inside is distracted. We'll go there, secure the computer, and get the hell out. That is all.

Nova: Okay. But what if we encounter her?

Jaune: Then we set up an ambush for her. If we can knock her out, we could take her into custody. We have one shot at this. Prepare your gear and get ready to move out at night.

Robert/Peter/Nova: Yes, sir!

They salute him and leave to prepare for tonight. Before they depart, a faunus soldier comes quickly through the door and says,

Male Faunus Rifleman: S-Sir. We have a problem.

Jaune: Is it Atlas?

Male Faunus Rifleman: No. Someone took pictures at the front gate, and we spotted him, so we chased him into the forest.

Jaune: And then what happened?

Male Faunus Rifleman: He got away. I don't know which kingdom he belongs to, but he got away. I'm sorry, sir.

Jaune: It's alright. Thank you for telling me. Dismissed.

The soldier salutes and leaves. Jaune and his friends are now concerned about an unknown man who has a picture of their front gate, which leads to the entrance of his nation. It's only a matter of time before he reveals it to all the remnants of their existence. Robert asks him,

Robert: Jaune. What are we doing now?

Jaune: sigh There's nothing we can do now. It's only a matter of time before they find us. We'll continue this mission. And like I said, dismissed.

They nod and leave to prepare their gear and weapons. Jaune feels tired after a long day, so he takes a rest for a while before embarking on his mission tonight.

...

Ozpin is sitting in his chair, waiting for someone to come to his room. He waits for several hours until the elevator opens, revealing a black-haired man wearing the attire of a huntsman. The man enters his office, and Ozpin greets him.

Ozpin: Ah! Qrow, you came back.

Qrow grabs his alcohol, takes a drink, and then says,

Qrow: Here you go, Oz. I've got their location, although I was able to escape before they could capture me.