Chapter 8

As they are shocked and disgusted to see Roman Torchwick, a most wanted man in Remnant and the one who helped the white fang for an operation, is here in the GDI base. Roman said to them as he waves his hand.

Roman: Hello kids and teacher, it seems like we have to work together.

Without saying a word, Team RWBY drew their weapons and pointed at him. Oobleck didn't draw his weapon as he stayed neutral. Neo grabbed her umbrella as she's ready to fight. Roman raised both of his hands to the air as he tried to reason with them.

Roman: Whoa, whoa, whoa... No need for violence. I'm turning a new leaf.

Blake: You! How did you get here? I thought they were putting you in prison when they captured you.

Roman: Oh you see, kitty, after they capture me, they interrogate me, and then your friend gives me the offer to redeem myself.

Weiss: Redeem yourself? Why would Jaune allow it?

Roman: Because he's willing to pay me a lot more than my employer. At first, that Robert guy tries to threaten me but Jaune tells him to stop. He recruits me as a spy to know about enemy information.

Yang: Huh?

Oobleck: What information are you talking about?

Roman: Like, my employer was going to the tower at night while everyone was distracted by the party. She's an attempt to put a virus into a console but I told Jaune to know about her plan.

Ruby: Ohh... No wonder Jaune and his men were there.

Roman: Yep. Now please, would you lower your weapons. We're on the same side now.

He said. They still don't trust him as they still pointed their weapons at him. Oobleck said to them.

Oobleck: Students, stand down.

Ruby: B-But...

Oobleck: If what he's said is true then we have to trust Jaune. He's the one who decides to let this man become one of them.

He said. They lowered their weapons. Roman was a sigh of relief as he put his both hands down. Neo, lower her umbrella that it's over. Then, he said to them,

Roman: Now since we're cool, let me introduce her. Her name is Neapolitan but you can call her Neo for short.

She waves at them again with her smile.

Roman: I see that he gave you this mission, am I right?

Oobleck: Yes. He did.

Roman: Then let's go.

He said as they both went to V-35 ox. Ruby and her friends can't believe they have to work with Torchwick and Neo as a part of the team. They wanted to beat him up as he was a criminal and part of white fang operation but they had no choice but to go with them. They enter an aircraft and it goes to the mountain Glenn.

Inside the V-35 ox, Team RWBY still doesn't trust both of them as they think he has a plan in his sleeve. Riflemen squads, missile squads & zone enforcers were checking their weapons before they will deploy to the ground. Oobleck is often quiet when he's in the ox transport. He would like to explain his students but since he's joined alongside with GDI military he just doesn't want to explain all of them since they have read the details about Remnant when they got here. While they're waiting to reach there, Roman would like to say to Team RWBY and Oobleck.

Roman: So... Before we were deployed into the city ruins, let's talk about it. So little red, maybe it's time to put out our differences. Hmm?

Ruby: Well, you rob at the dust store and attack my friend.