Chapter 9

Ruby: Please. S-S-Stop...

She pleaded. Another punch on her face from none other than Grand confessor Varkham himself.

She was being tied up in a chair as she's being interrogated. She's trying to struggle to escape but to no avail. He continues to interrogate her as he punches her stomach. She felt pain, she couldn't handle it anymore as her tears came out from her eyes. He's done hurting her as he interrogates her.

Varkham: Tell me, little girl. Why did a girl like you come to these ruins of this city? It's because you need to explore like an adventure, or you come here to stop us?

Ruby: I don't know... what you're t-talking a-a-bout.

Varkham: I see... I should forget to introduce myself. My name is Abraham Varkham, a grand confessor of the Nod.

Ruby: Nod? Wait, you are a member of Nod!?

Varkham: I see you have heard about us. Probably from a friend of yours, the GDI.

Ruby: I don't believe it... How did you all get here and how did you know they were already here?

Varkham: That question is not my concern, child. My concern is telling me the truth. Are there people with you?

She doesn't want to respond to him so she stays silent.

Varkham: Confess your truth and you will be forgiven.

She was still silent as she stared at him with her glare. He grew tired of his patients so decided to use his chainsaw sword and place it on her neck. Ruby feels shivers that he is putting his weapon onto her neck. She can't believe he's going to kill her in cold blood. He said to her,

Varkham: Listen, I show a bit of kindness to you. But it seems you're not telling me the truth. But I'm giving you a last chance, are there more of you?

Ruby: N-No.

Varkham: Then die!

He shouted as he raised his chainsaw sword to strike her. She shut her eyes as she's about to die, then she heard a voice as he said to Varkham.

Shizaku: Stand down, Grand confessor Varkham...

He responded as he lowered his chainsaw sword down. He approaches Ruby looking at her eyes as it's his turn to interrogate her. He asked her.

Shizaku: Did they tell you who I am?

She shakes her head to respond to him.

Shizaku: Very well... It seems my friend grew tired of your ignorance. So I will make this much easier for you.

He grabbed her and throw out of the train car. Her chair was destroyed when she hit the floor so hard, she struggled to stand up but a confessor stepped on her back as she yelled in pain. Shizaku, Varkham and the confessor cabals stepped out of a train car. A confessor turns her around then stomps on her stomach as she yells so loud. They approached her and Shizaku said to her.

Shizaku: Now...

He draws his katana, pointing at her as he continues to interrogate her.

Shizaku: You will tell us where your friends are or I'll kill you and you will never see a light again.

He said. In a few seconds, he raised his katana and was ready to kill her. Then suddenly, they heard something explosion from a distance. He lowered his weapon to see what's going on there. He asked one of the confessors.

Shizaku: Contact them. I want to know what's going on there.

He nodded. Before he contacted them, they heard another one. A third explosion sounds and 4 Nod militants in the distance running to the corner, some firing at an unknown enemy. Surprisingly, Team WBY, Oobleck, Roman, Neo and the GDI forces run around the corner. Shizaku grew angry as he saw GDI forces were with those people and going to attack his men. Ruby decides to wait until Shizaku removes his foot while he is distracted. She takes her opportunity by jumping on him then uses her semblance to escape. Varkham shouted at his men.