Chapter 6

After the beacon dance, Ozpin, Glynda, and Ironwood discussed the intruder attempting to hack the system at the computer. However, the attempt failed thanks to Ruby. Unbeknownst to them, Jaune was the one who foiled Cinder's plan. They called both Ruby and Pyrrha as witnesses to inquire about a lady wearing a black dress. Ruby explained everything she knew, but it was a lie because she had never fought her, only Jaune and his men from the previous night. Afterward, Ozpin instructed Ironwood to leave the room. Ironwood was about to protest, but Ozpin insisted, leaving Ironwood with no choice but to depart from the tower. Once Ironwood had left, only Ozpin, Ruby, and Pyrrha remained in the tower. Ozpin began to question Ruby and Pyrrha.

Ozpin: So... Mrs. Rose and Mrs. Nikos, what were you doing at the tower?

They exchanged glances before turning to Ozpin with serious expressions. Ruby spoke first.

Ruby: Um... Well, you see...

Ozpin: Did you see someone fighting a lady last night?

Pyrrha: What? No! Of course not.

Glynda: Really? Then why were you two lying to us? Especially to the general?

Ruby: Uh...

Glynda: Your expressions tell me that you are hiding something from us. Care to tell us?

She said, raising her eyebrow. Both Ruby and Pyrrha sweated on their foreheads, realizing they were caught in a lie. They had no choice but to tell the truth. So Ruby spoke up.

Ruby: Well... The truth is, we know who went to the tower first and fought the lady from last night.

Glynda: Hmm... Are you talking about the unknown group? The same ones who raided and killed the White Fang members at the warehouse.

Pyrrha: Yes, that's them.

Ruby: But they have a leader, and we know who he is.

Ozpin: Then tell me, Mrs. Rose. Who is the leader of the unknown group?

She took a deep breath and addressed him.

Ruby: It's Jaune.

They were surprised that Jaune was alive and that he was at the tower. It also shocked them that he was the leader of the unknown group. Then Ozpin spoke.

Ozpin: So... Mr. Arc is alive. How relieving.

Glynda: I can't believe that Jaune is the leader of those groups. But why did he and his group kill those White Fang members?

Ozpin: We don't know much about them, except for Mr. Arc himself, Glynda. Tell me, where are they now?

Pyrrha: We don't know. They just left.

Ozpin: They left?

Ruby: Yeah. It's like they disappeared.

Ozpin: Hmm...

He put his hand on his chin, contemplating Jaune's group. Then he addressed them.

Ozpin: I suppose that's where they're hiding.

Pyrrha: Excuse me, Professor?

Ozpin: You see... When I heard the news, I sent my colleague to find them, and we did.

Ruby: Um... who is your colleague?

He smiled at her and replied.

Ozpin: You know who, Miss Rose.

They heard the elevator open and saw Qrow walking towards them. Ruby approached him and exclaimed.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow!