Chapter 6 Look What you Made me Do

Chapter 6 Look What You Made Me Do

Lucas's POV

He begins to speak, and I hang on every syllable. He's actually going to tell me the truth, and I feel like I"ve finally found a friend that I can count on.

"Wh-What is the Vulturi?" I ask, interrupting his preamble. He smiles, before looking off into the distance.

"They are a group of leaders, for our... uh... kind. They make sure that we follow the rules that they set for us. Well really only one rule. Don't let... your kind discover our existance. It really isn't that hard of a life, but they have grown corrupt with their power, and their thirst for even more. They want Edward, and Alice for their... gifts." hr says, and I can tell he's trying to tell me the bare minimum. He probably doesn't trust the ability of Bella's shield enough to risk my life by telling me the whole thing.

"Emmett, you don't have to leave anything out. I want to take on your load, and I want to help you with your problems. I care about you, and I just wanna help you" I say, and he smiles crookedly, and flashes his deep blue eyes in my direction. I feel like I'm transported to a world, where nothing else exists except Emmett and I. I like it more than I'll ever admit.

"Do you have any idea what kind of creature I am?" he asks, and I ponder his question. What do I think he, and his family is? They're not human; that's for sure. They feed on humans, and they can compel the human mind. Hmmmm? I wonder to myself, for a few minutes, before I say my theory aloud.

"Are you a wraith?" I ask, and he bursts out laughing. I blush, and look away from him, trying to keep a straight face. 'So, I'm guessing I was wrong?" I ask, and he begins another fit of laughter.

"You've been watching Supernatural too much" he laughs, and then he let's his smile fall back into the usual half frown on his face. I can barely see any remnants of his cute dimples, so I know his laughing fit is over for the time being. " I'm not a wraith Lucas, but I am a vampire." he says, and I freeze. Is it my turn to laugh? No. This actually seems to fit in a weird way. I nod silently bcause I have no words to say. He looks at me briefly, before beginning with his story once again. This time I don't interrupt.

"None of us really know how our race was started, but I will be telling you of the Vulturi, and my family. The rest can wait until another day. The Vulturi are the most powerful of our kind, and they are the largest known coven in existance. We are also fairly large in numbers. There is Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Bella, Jasper, Alice, Renesmee, and I. A few months ago we also had my mate Rosalie. We were once a different kind of Vampire. We were cold, and hard like a rock, and we had no heartbeat. We even sparkled in the sunlight. Anyway the Vulturi consists of The three leaders, their mates, and the guard. Most of the guard has some sort of gift. The leaders are Aro, Caius, and Marcus. I don't know the mates' names. The guard consists of Jane who can cause agony with one look, Alec who can cause your body to go numb, Demetri who is a tracker, and the rest are escaping me. they do have Felix, but he doesn't have a gift. They did manage to recruit someone since our last meeting. He was a great friend, but when the time comes if need be he will die with the rest. They used to be the good guys of our race. They only stepped in if an army of newborns went astray, or if an immortal child was created, but now they want to destroy my family, so that they can take our special ones, and they won't be intimidated by our large numbers anymore." he finished his speech on the Vulturi, and I find myself lost in his world, and I briefly reference a song by my favorite artist. "Two worlds collide by Demi Lovato" I feel like my normal boring world has just collided with his fascinating life. His history is so much more interesting than mine. He begins to spek, and I feel my anticipation like it's something physical. Now I get to hear about his family. " My family began in the late Sixteen-hundreds. Carlisle was the son of a priest, and his father was driven mad by the hunt. He knew that Vampires existed, and his one goal in life was to eradicate our race from the planet. They lived in London, and had a hidden coven just below them. They lived in the sewers. His father discovered this, and sent parties to kill the demons. Of course it's near impossible, for humans to kill one of us, but it is possible. Carlisle's father was killed in the hunt, so Carlisle became the priest. He eventually led one of the chases, but he was smarter than his father. He was bitten by a vampire, and then he crawled off the streets. He endured burning pain for three days, beforehe awoke as one of us. He hated himself, and tried to commit suicide hundreds of times, but it is very hard to kill the old kind of vampire. He studied alone in Europe, for almost two hundred-fifty years, before he turned Edward in 1918. He was dying of influenza. Carlisle had always wanted a companion, but Calisle is way too good. He has never even touched human blood for food. He's been a doctor for centuries, and he is all but immune to our one weakness. Up until recently we were all "Vegetarians". Meaning we only fed upon animals becaus we don't want to kill people, and our venom would turn anyone we bit, and didn't kill. Now we have no venom, and our blood is able to heal those we feed on, and then we compel them to forget, and no one is the wiser. Carlisle found esme next. She had lost her baby, and jumped off a cliff. They wheeled her straight to the morgue, and Carlisle saved her. A few years later he wanted edward to find a mate, so he turned-"

"Is that when Bella became a Cullen?" I ask excitedly. I'm really into his family history. That means that Edward has been a vampire for ninety-five years.

"No, he found Rosalie raped, and beaten. She was on the verge of death, so he turned her. He hoped for Edward and Rose to fall in love with eachother, like He had with Esme. They did not bite the bait, so then Rosalie was hunting and came across a bear attack. She saw something in the man's face, and carried him back to where Carlisle was at the time. He was turned in 1946. That was me. A few decades later Alice and Jasper came to us, from the stretches of the world, and we lived like that as a family with no new additions, until we moved to Forks Washington. Edward met Bella, and her blood was extra tempting to him, and she was the only one who he couldn't "read". He took interest in her, and they eventually fell in love. They got married, and had sex while she was still human, and she became pregnant. She wanted to keep the baby, but it ended up killing her in the process. She was turned just in time, and so Edward and Bella got Renesmee. She was half vampire half human, so we didn't know what to expect. All we knew was that she grew significantly by the day. In he first month of life, she grew to the size of a toddler. We eventually found out that she would stop aging around the age of fiteen, but it would only take her about five years to reach that stage of her life. We are now a happy family, but Rose left with klaus. He is a different kind of vampire. He isn't cold like we used to be, and he has a heartbeat. We must wear this lapis lazuli. If we do not, we will burn in the sunlight. We are better from the change. we are more alive, but some things stayed the same. We are still pale. Our skin is slightly cold, and the males can still make a woman pregnant, but the woman vampire cannot reproduce." he finishes his story, and I'm thunderstruck. The middle school student is really Edward and Bella's baby. Emmett was turned sixty seven years ago, and he was atleast seventeen then. That makes him atleast eighty three years old at the least.

"Thank you for sharing all that with me. It really means a lot to me." I say. He looks at me, before whispering something that I can't hear. He stands up, and I follow suit. I look around in astonishment, and see the dusk falling upon us. We missed the rest of the school day, and all afternoon as well. I turn in the direction of my house, and then down at my watch. Damn! My dad will be home in five minutes, and then I'll be caught.

"Is something wrong?" he asks, and I nod. to him. "I'm sorry, for taking up your whole afternoon. Can I give you a ride home?" he offers. I smile, and respond truthfully. I know that from now on I will be honest with Emmett because I can't lie to him. He signals, for me to hop on his back, and a giggle softly.

"We're not gonna make it in tme if we do piggyback" I laugh, but he stays there, unmoving. He looks at me expectantly, so I glide over to him, and hop onto his waiting back.

"Hold on, and you should probably close your eyes." he warns me, before lurching forward. I snap my eyes closed, and clamp my arms around his neck tightly. If he was a human I'd probably be choking him to death, but his breathing remained even, and I just marveled in the fact that I had my arms around him, and I etched the feeling of his skin in mine into the deepest parts iof my brain. Before I'm ready to let go, we're right around the corner of my house, and he sets me gently on my feet. He then puts a hand on my shoulder, smiling at me.

"Godd night Luke. Seeya tomorrow" he says, before disappearing with his super speed. I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, as I steer myself into my house. The adrenaline isn't even from the run, or the fact that he's a vampire. The only possible explanation, for my heart racing, and my palms sweating is that I"m in love with Emmett Cullen.