Chapter 15 Skyscraper

Lucas's POV

We arrive at the Cullen's house, and decide to spend some time with the family, so I go up to Emmett's room, and change out of my sandy beach clothes, and throw on a pair of loose board shorts, and a white tshirt. When I come down the spiral staircase, and into the first floor, I notice for the first time, that the tnire first floor, is only one room. I stroll over to the far corner of the house, and sit on one of the many pieces of furniture, and look around at everyone.

Alice, and Jasper are snuggled up together on one of the couches, with Jacob sitting beside them. Renesmee is sleeping in Esme's lap with Carlisle on one of the small loveseats. Edward, and Bella aren't in the room at all, so I look around for Emmett. When I don't see him, I look around questioningly, and Alice answers my unspoken question.

"Oh, he went up to take a shower, but he takes fast ones, so..." she trails off, and goes back to watching the movie that's on.

I decide not to be the clingy type, so I realize that I'm fine without him, for a few moments. I turn my attention to the movie, and notice that it's one of my favorites. They're watching "A Cinderella Story". I curl up on the couch, and sink back into my regular habit of watching movies, and soon enough, Emmett comes down the stairs. His hair is still wet, and he signals, for me to move my feet, so I sit up. When he sits down, he pulls me over to lay on top of him, and then he puts his arm around me, and we watch the movie together.

I open my eyes, and notice that I"m wrapped in Emmett's arms, and we're on his bed. How did we get from the couch to here, without me waking up? I wonder to myself, but I guess he might've carried me. The door opens gently, and Renesmee comes in smiling hugely. She signals, for me to move, so I untangle myself from Emmett, and roll off the bed, and onto one knee on the floor. She bounds onto the bed, with no more self restraint.

"Uncle Emmett!" she shouts, and lands on top of his inert form. He shouts alarmed by the sudden noise. I chuckle, as his scowl is replaced with a smile. I can tell that he's really close to her. "Auntie alice says we're going to Seattle with you two today. Is that okay?" she demands, and he looks at me questioningly. I frown. Does he think that he needs to ask my permission to go somewhere? I'm his guest. I'll have to speak to him about that, when we get a moment alone together.

Once Emmett gives his answer, Renesmee leaves us alone to dress, for the day, and I wrestle with my conscience silently. What do I say? How do I word it nicely? He looks over at me, and see the look on my face because he asks me.

"What's wrong? Do you not want to go?" he asks, and I feel even worse. Does he think I'm really that kind of person?

"Emmett. You don't need to ask my opinion to go somewhere. I"m your guest, and I"ll go wherever you go" I say to him, making him smile feebly.

"Well I want you to be comfortable, and your feelings mean everything to me" he replies, and I almost burst into tears right then. He is way too good to me, and I can't believe I ever made it through life without him. I smile up at him, and think to myself how easy it was to work out that problem. That is a good sign, for our relationship. Maybe we'll be one of those relationships that get together, and never break up.

Once we're all packed up, and ready to head to Seattle, we load up in the Volvo. Renesmee doesn't like the jeep, and Alice wants to drive in style. We're just leaving Forks, when Emmett looks back at me, and smiles. I wish I could be sitting beside him, but atleast we're in sight of eachother. I turn to Renesmee, and see her smiling at me, and I can't help, but to return the smile. She just has one of those contagious smiles, that you can't resist. She holds up her hand to me, and I look down.