Chapter 24 This is real life

Chapter 24 This is Real life

Lucas's POV

I wake up face down, and look around for Emmett. Where is he? I'm in his room, but he's not here. Just when the panic begins to flood through me, I remember the events of yesterday. My eyes fill with new tears, and I put my feet off the edge of the bed. Where is everyone? I walk from the room, and down the stairs. Everyone is on the couch watching TV, and Renesmee is sleeping in Chloe's arms. I smile to myself, before heading to the kitchen.

I open the fridge, and begin digging ingrediants out, for omelets. They were almost murdered yesterday. I might as well cook for them. When the smell filters through the house, I"m joined by Skylar. She sits on the counter, and watches me cook. She swings her feet outward like she used to do, when dad cooked. Tears flood my eyes, as I think of my dead. He's dead, and cold in a grave right now. He's really and truly gone.

I flip the first omelet onto a plate and set it aside, beginning my second plate. I cook in silence, and she kicks her feet back and forth like a little girl. Maybe it makes her feel close to dad, but it's driving me crazy. I grit my teeth, as she picks up the pace. I flop the second omelet onto a plate, and hurriedly begin the third. We continue like this, until I'm finally finished cooking. I switch the stove off, and place the pan into the sink full of water.

"Luke, I wanted to say that I'm sorry for what we've been going through lately. You have always been the one I've been closest too, and I just want to fix it, before..." she trails off, and I look at her cautiously.

"Before what Sky?" I ask, and she just shrugs sadly. I move to stand by her. "Before what?" I demand, and she looks up at me blankly.

"Yesterday I was almost killed. What if you hadn't gotten there, and I had died, while we were fighting?

"Nothing's going to happen to you sky" I say, starting to get scared of her attitude. I used to be clinically depressed, and I can spot the symptoms. Skylar is going into some sort of Post traumatic depression phase, and I don't know how to help her. I turn away from her, and take the plates to the living room. I hand one to each of them, and set Skylar's plate on the coffee table. We slowly eat our food, and talk a little bit.

Once everyone is done with their plates, I gather them up, and put Skylar's untouched food on top. I carry the stack of plates into the kitchen, with an encouraging smile on my face.

"Sky, the food's great you should try s-" The smile freezes on my face, and the stack of dishes falls from my hands. I run to my baby sister, and lift her off the floor. A knife protrudes from her chest, and there's a pool of blood gathering around us. I feel her neck for a pulse.

There isn't one. Skylar is dead, but how? I look up at the counter, and see her phone set up to record. I lift it from the counter, and press stop. When it goes back to her gallery, I press the play button. I watch as Skylar sets the phone on the counter, and looks at the lense. She whispers her apologies, and then shoves the knife into her flesh. I watch in horror, as she stands for a moment, before falling to the floor where I found her.

"DYLAN!" I scream, and he runs into the room. He looks at her, and he eyes fill with tears. He looks at me, and my shirt, covered in blood and he curls his lip.

"You did this?" he demands, and I flinch. How could he think I would do this to my baby sister?

"What kind of person do you think I am?"

I sob, and his gaze softens. he wraps his arms around me, and we cry. I wonder why Chloe never joins us because even Renesmee came in.

"You don't need to see this sweetie"I say, covering her eyes, but she pushes my hand gently away, and peers down at Skylar's body. Dylan rushes from the room, and I understand why. The smell of blood is overpowering. I hear him slam a door, somewhere on the third floor by the distance of the noise. I look back down at my dead sister, and even though my entire being is screaming for me to cry I don't.

I feel hardened from yesterday, and I don't have the same emotions. I'm a completely different person, and I wish I could cry for my sister. I kick one of the cabinets, and spin around. I need to call Emmett. What am I going to do with the body? He told me not to let anyone in the house because Rosalie could be watching, and send someone in as an EMT, and oops I invited an evil vampire in the house. I shake my head angrily.

Emmett's number is dialed on my phone, and now I'm trying to gain the courage to call him and tell him even more bad news. I hear the breaking of glass, and seconds later a loud thud. I run out the back door, and look up at the top of the house. The highest window in the house is shattered, and my eyes trail down the scale of the building. Exactly where it should be is a human shaped lump. I run over to Dylan, and this time tears do slid down my cheeks.

I feel, for a non-existant pulse, before pulling him into my arms. What the hell is all this about. I pull him by the arms, and drag him inside. Once inside, I turn back to go outside for my phone, but someone is by the doorway.

"Who are you?" I ask, and they just laugh, so I slam the door in their face. It must be a vampire. I have bigger problems right now though. Why are my siblings killing themselves? It's almost like they're being controlled. My heart skips a beat. What if they're being compelled?

My mind flashes to Chloe, and I pelt through the house looking for her. I come to a stop outside the locked bathroom. I pound on the door impatiently, and when nobody answers, I kick it off the hinges. My eyes take in only two things of the room. An empty bottle of pills is on top of the sink, and Chloe is laying on the tile floor, and she doesn't look like she's breathing.

Renesmee comes up behind me, and taps my shoulder. I look at her curiously, and she smiles hugely. What on earth is there to smile about? My entire family has been killed.

"Do you remember last night, when uncle Emmett gave them his blood?" she asked, and I nodded, not getting her point. "Well it's still in their system, so they will come back, as vampires. I know that's not the same, but you'll get to see them again." she whispered.

Joy erupts in my stomach, and I swoop the little girl up into my arms, spinning her around. Chloe stirs, and I gasp. She didn't die?

"The vampire blood prevents death in such a way. She will remain human. The other two will wake up in just an hour or two." Renesmee explains, and I run to Chloe. she opens her eyes, and I glare at her furiously.

"What the hell Chloe?" I demand, and she whimpers slightly.The man said U needed to kill myself, as soon as Skylar was dead. That way you'd be tending to her, and I'd have time to die. He said I'd be the last one discovered. I was supposed to do it quietly, and in a secluded place" she said through the tears washing her face. I wrap my arms around her, and we cry.

I stand before my two dead siblings, and wait for them to awaken into their new lives. When Skylar opens her eyes, and gasps for her first breath I smile to myself. She looks at me, and I smile encouragingly at her. She stands up, and opens her mouth to speak, but I stop her by holding my hand to her mouth. She looks at me confused, so I mutter to her.

"Drink". She looks at me, before understanding crossed her face, and she bites down softly into my wrist. She drink for a few seconds, and the stops.

Renesmee helps her let go, and then we wait for my brother to wake up. Chloe is sleeping upstairs because the pills took a lot out of her. When Dylan comes into his new life, I hold out my other wrist, and let him feed. Renesmee told me that they have twenty four hours to feed, before they die. Now that they've fed my brother and sister are vampires. What has my life come to?

This all feels like some sort of nightmare, but I know it's not. No matter how much this may suck it's my life, and I can't do anything to change it. The decisions that led me to this point also led me to Emmett, so do I regret anything? No. This may not be a dream come tru, but it is a life worth living. I'm done trying to find a fairytale because this is real life, and honestly it's all I need.