Chapter 12 Drowning

Chapter 12 Drowning

Lucas's POV

A voice pulls me out of my dream, and I find myself pressed against Emmett's sleeping form in the airplane. I smile contentedly, when I see the smile playing at his lips. I supress the urge to run my fingers lovingly through his hair.

"We will be landing within the next ten minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts, and prepare, for the rain in Port Angeles Washington." The pilot says, for all the passengers to hear. I slept through the entire plane ride? I guess I"m over my fear of flying. I laugh to myself silently, before gently moving my arm to buckle the seatbelt around Emmett's sleeping form.

He looks so peaceful, and I want him to sleep as long as he possibly can. I snuggle back into his warm chest, and breathe his scent in. I feel like he's mine even though he has absolutely not. I need to stop being an over-possessive baby.

When we begin our descent, and he wakes up, from the turbulance, I jolt away from him. I pretend that I just woke up, so he wouldn't feel awkward. I cautiously look at him, from the corner of my eye, and see a smirk on his sleepy face.

"We slept through the whole flight?" I ask dazedly. I hope my sleepy voice is convincing. He nods his head, before smiling at me proudly. He pats me on the back, and I feel shock waves going through my body when he touches me.

When the plane door finally opens, and we file off onto solid ground, I start to feel the nerves. I"m about to be staying in a house with a coven of vampires, for the next seven days. How am I supposed to not be nervous? When I voice my doubts, Emmett laughs, before explaining that I would feel one hundred percent comfortable, and I would love his family.

"Oh, but they don't know that I uh told you that we aren't human" he says, more seriously, and I freak out.

"WHAT?!" I shriek, and he cups his hand over my mouth, so I playfully bite him. He gasps softly, before releasing my hand. His eyes glaze over, and I smirk.

"That'll teach you!" I say smugly, but he just laughs uncomfortably. That can't be good. What if I weirded him out. I know Alice said he was trying to love a man, but there's a difference between saying it, and actually being able to do it.

My mind is having a full out apocalypse, over Emmett's uncomfortability. When we step out of the terminal, and out into the lobby area of the small airport, he puts his arm around me, and tows me over to the front doors.

We exit the building, and I'm blasted by a wintery breeze. I wrap my arms closely around myself, and continue into the freezing world of Washington. Everything is, so different here, than it is in Georgia. Emmett notices my obvious discomfort because he removes his button up shirt, leaving only his white t-shirt underneath. He drapes the shirt over my shoulders, and then places his arm back around me.

He walks me to a car that I immediately know to be his own. It's a monstrous jeep, and I remember him mentioning it a few days ago. He helps me hoist myself in the giant vehicle, and then he runs around to his side. He flings himself into the seat, and cranks the engine.

"Ah my baby!" he purs softly to the car, as if it's alive. He presses on the gas, and the giant creature lurches forward. I feel my stomach drop to the floor, and then we're off. He drives in the direction of the highway, and then the ride becomes smoother.

I watch as the city of Port Angeles slips away behind us, and we are suddenly surrounded by trees. after about twenty minutes of driving in the slight drizzle, Emmett slows the jeep, before taking a corner.

When we come around the barrier of shrubs, and I see the frozen pond I swallow hard. This is beautiful. He pulls me from the car, and sets me on the ground beside him. We walk to the edge of the ice pond, and then I see more glimmering lights off in the distance.

"What is it?" I breathe to him, unable to speak louder than a whisper due to my awe. He points to the shimmering light far off in the distance.

"This that we're standing before is a delta of sorts. It's froxen, but it's larger body is not. That is the Pacific ocean" he tells me, and I notice that he's whispering as well.

"It's beautiful, but how did you find this place?" I ask wonderingly. I"m seeing him in an even better light than before. He just shrugs, and then he does something that I wasn't expecting. He slipped his hand into mine.

Emmett pulls me by the hand, onto the slippery surface of the ice. I begin to tremble. I'm scared the ice will break, and take me under. I guess you could say that since I haven't really done much in my life, that I also have quite a few fears to conquer.

I slip on the slick glassy surface, and Emmett catches me, before I can fall. He peers into my eyes, as he holds me, mere inches above the ice. I see his blue eyes waver with some emotion, but it's gone in an instant. He lifts me back onto my feet, and the holds me around the waist, so I don't slip again. I tuen to look around at the sky. I can't see much of it through the thick gray clouds of rain, but I can see part of the sunset. It was never this beautiful in Georgia. I find myself coming to a simple conclusion. I'm going to leave Georgia, just as soon as I possibly can. I no longer blame my mother, for abandoning us. If my only future plans were to be grounded in a small town in Georgia with four kids, then I might think about leaving just as she did all those years ago.

Emmett looks at me again, and I see resolve upon his flawless face. His blue eyes reflect the colors of the evening sun. He really is perfect, and I feel as though if I were to die at this moment, then that would be fine.

I move to pull away because we've been standing here, for what seems like hours, and I'm cold. Emmett pulls me back to him, and this time he doesn't stop at holding my waist. He cups my face with his hand, and looks at me tenderly. I feel butterflie ensue within my stomach. What's he doing?

"Lucas, I want to be with you" he whispers, and I feel a tear slip, from the corner of my eye. He wants to be with me? Did I hear him right?

"What?" I ask, even though I know exactly what he said. He smiles at me, before reaching down to grab a hold of my hand again. He strums his thumb against my palm like it's a guitar, and he lifts it to his lips. He presses his soft lips to the palm of my hand, and I gasp.

"I said that I want to be with you. Will you allow me to love you with everything I have inside?" he asks, and I don't even need to think about my answer.

"Yes" I gasp, and then I engulf him in a tight embrace. Ami really dating him? Could it be possible that Emmett Cullen wants to be with someone like me? I recall the feeling of him kissing my hand, and I realize that I don't care. I love him enough to trust his words, and not second guess every syllable. For now atleast, Emmett is mine. I will not take advantage of this wonderful chance at love. I will harness it.