Chapter 23 I will always love you

Lucas's POV

I sit silently at the table, and peer out of Emmett's window. He's pacing nervously around the kitchen, and I know he's upset about the Rosalie thing. He thinks it's his fault that his ex girlfriend is a total psycho who decided to kill my family on a whim. I don't blame him because Emmett would never let something hurt me in this way, if he could possibly help it. He is just that kind of person.

We make eye contact, before he drops his gaze ashamed once again. I'm starting to get really mad because how could he have anticipated something like this? He's not being fair to himself, and he needs to give himself a break. Chloe is doing her nails, off in the corner. She seems to be in a daze, but I can't get through to her on this one. I look into her sad blue eyes, and jut my lip out angrily. Why did this have to happen to me?

I know she did this because I'm with Emmett, but I still can't put any of the blame on him. Even if I would've known the consequences, I think I would've risked it anyway. Love does that to people, and although we haven't said it aloud to each other, i know that, that is what I feel. Rosalie may have a jealous streak, but I'm good at getting back at people. She will pay, for what she did. I do see her motive though. If something happened bewteen Emmett, and I I'd be devastated if someone else took him away from me.

That may have been her reasoning, but that didn't give her the right to kill innocent people. If she had a problem with me, she could've just killed me. That atleast would've been conventially fair. I respect her, for the love she holds for him, but Emmett hates her for what she did, and now she lost any chance of ever getting him back. I smile at the though, relishing in any pain that I can cause her.

I look around, as someone enters the room, and see Carlisle. He paces over to me, and puts my hand into both of his.

"I'm sorry, for your loss. I never thought that Rosalie would be capable of something like this. She was always stubborn and tenacious, but never cold blooded." He says, his voice full of sorrow. I know this is hard for him. Rosalie is one of his daughter, and now he has to count her as an enemy.

I realize the position Emmett is in, and I almost regret the fact that I'm going to kill Rosalie. I can't think about that, or my resolve will fail, and I won't go through with my promise to myself. I nod my head in undersa=tanding, at Carlisle's words.

"Thank you Dr. Cullen. I'm sorry that it has come to this with your daughter. I never meant to cause problems with your family. You must understand that I never intended to hurt you" I say, pleading for him to understand.

Emmett growls from across the room, and I cringe in fright. What did I do to anger him? I'm trying to apologize, but nothing seems like the right thing to say. I feel my eyes tear up, and Carlisle reaches up to brush them away.

"That's enough son. Lucas has been through a lot today. Do not press him, or stress him out anymore. He could go into shock" Carlisle says, but I don't want to be looked at as fragile. I'm not going to slip into shock.

"He shouldn't be apologizing, for her mistakes. It's not his fault. If I wouldn't have been with you Luke, she would've found away to make my life miserable. She was always a bitch, but none of us could see the evil beneath it." he explains, and relief resonates through my chest. I feel the tension of my nerves, instantly release and I feel like I can breathe again. I brush the final tears away, and smile up at Emmett.

"I don't understand. What are you?" Skylar asks, from the dining room doorway, and we all turn to her cautiously. I would personally like to tell her the whole story, but we can't put them in any more danger, than they're in now.I mouth to Emmett what he should say, but he waves it off, and strolls over to her.