Chapter 13 Just Tonight

Lucas's POV

We pull down a long and winding path deeper into the mossy terrain. When we break through the last of the woods, my mind is officially blown. I'm looking up at a three story white house. It looks absolutely beautiful, and colonial. I know that's crazy because there were no original colonies on this side of the country.

He pulls around to a huge garage, and we drive into the unknown place. I immediately see the volvo, and know that Edward, and Bella must be here as well. I climb down, from the jeep, and move torward Emmett.

He pulls me closer to him, and wraps his arms around me. I feel the slight cooolness radiating, from his skin, but it didn't bother me. He strokes the side of my cheek with the back of his hand, and then takes my hand.

We walk across the small clearing, and up to the door. I hear a slight gurgling, and register that there must be a small stream somewhere nearby. Emmett turns the doorknob, and we finally enter the house. The first thing I see is one side of the house is entirely made of glass. There are quite a few people standing before me, so I ready myself for the introductions.

"Lucas, this is Esme. She is my mother, for all intents and purposes." Emmett says, hugging a young woman with a heart shaped face. She has curly brown hair, and blue eyes. I instantly love her. She reaches forward, and gives me a tight hug. "This is Carlisle. He began our whole family" Emmett says to the young blond man, in a doctor's coat.

I know all the others of course, except two. One is a huge bulky native american with a short buzz cut. He is standing close to the last unknown member to me. She is the smallest of the group, and there is bvious youth in her sweet face. I know who she is because she has Bella's eyes. Renesmee Cullen. She walks up to me, and touches my face. I lurch away from her, but not fast enough to avoi the image she planted in my head.

I see Emmett clinging to the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my entire life. She has long wavy blonde hair, and golden eyes. Her body is perfectly curved in the skinny jeans she wears in the memory. I can't help, but wonder if Renesmee doesn't like me. She then smiles, and presses her warm palm to my cheek, and I see Emmett walking through the door with me on his arm. The look of tenderness shows me how much he cares.

Once we're all acquainted, Emmett leads me upstairs, and into his room. When we enter the room, I feel Emmett's body tense. I know there must be some painful memories, for him to be back in this room he shared with Rosalie. I want to make an effort to make him feel a little better, so I flip on the light, and look around. I can tell there was a lot of anger in this room. There are small glass trinkets lying around the room. Emmett must've taken everything in here, and thrown it in his anger.

I gently rub his back, for comfort and then turn his face to look into my eyes. The blue eyes aren't full of sadness as I had presumed, but hatred. He isn't sad that Rosalie left him, for the older man. He hates her. I don't know if that pleases me, or not. I know it should, but hate is still a feeling. It would help him move on, from her if he would relinquish all feeling for her. I press my thumb to his cheek, and whisper softly into his ear.

"Emmett, do you want me to leave you alone in here, for a few minutes. To sort out your feelings?" I ask gently, but he shakes his head vigorously. He leads me over to his bed, and pulls me down into a sitting position. Hr cups my face with his hand once again, and I begin to tremble with anticipation. Is this going to be the moment? Is he going to kiss me? I wonder these things momentarily, but then I see that it isn't going to happen this soon.

"I'm so glad you came with me" he says softly into my ear, before planting a single kiss on my neck. Heat rushes through my body, and I feel high. It's like he's my drug, and I need it now. I feel withdrawal kicking in. He lays back on his bed, and I lay down on my side, facing him. We lay there on our sides, facing eachother, for what seems like forever. I eventually notice the silent tears slipping, from his eyes, and i gasp.

"Emmett, please don't cry. I swear it'll get better" I say, trying to stop those amazing blue eyes, from flooding over. I am definantly not ready to see him cry, I think to myself. He smiles knowingly at me, before saying with an air of humor in his quiet voice.

"You know, Edward, Jake, and Jasper always make jokes about me. They say I act different, when you're around, but I like who I am when you're near me. I never want to go back to being the lous, annoying guy with a broken heart" he says, through the tears, and my eyes moisten significantly. I've never had someone treat me, as good as Emmett does. Nobody has ever shown me such affection, and that makes me feel so good inside.

The tears begin streaming down my face, and he looks at me bewildered. I just smirk, trying to hide the undying pain beneath my almost shattered facade. I know that soon my true depressed self will come out, and bite my perfect life in the ass. I need to show him who I really am, and let him choose whether or not to be with me. I lean into him, as he opens his eyes, and cry into his chest. He asks me what's wrong, so I finally spill the last remaining secret to him.

"I tried to kill myself" I blurt hysterically, and he looks at me bewildered. I know he wants me to explain, so I do. "Last year, when I really started aching to tell everyone who I really was, I made a mistake. I was convinced that this guy was into me, so I wrote him a note, and asked him if he liked me as much as I liked him. He didn't take it very well, so I was attacked by him, and his gang of friends the next day. I told my family that I had been mugged, and didn't see the man's face.

After that incident, I began cutting myself, trying to release the pain. When I started gwoing numb to the feeling in my arms, due to nerve damage, and immunity, I began burning myself, to feel that release. When that eventually stopped satisfying me, I had nothing left, so I began taking my father's sleeping pills. At first it was just to keep the nightmares away, but then I began to have trouble sleeping, if I didn't take medicine.

One night, I decided that I didn't want to force myself, into pushing anymore. I didn't want to go through the motion, forcing a smile onto my face everyday, so I slit my wrists open. When I was sure that I had done the trick, I also took every pill remaining in my dad's medicine cabinet. I had just taken the pills, when Chloe walked into my room, looking for a CD I had borrowed. If she wouldn't have found me, when she did I would be dead.

I know that I am lucky. I gave up, and if I would've succeeded, then I would have missed out on feeling what I feel for you. I am, so glad that I was stopped, and I'm so glad that I met you. If I hadn't have met you, then I know I would've done it again in the future. Now that I've experienced what it's like to have someone, I'm renewed with hope. I could never end my life now, that I'm in the know of what it's like to care, for someone the way I care about you Emmett" I say, and he's holding me, so closely.

I look up, from where I'm tangled in his arms, and see that we've been laying her for three hours. My eyes are stinging with quiet, so I begin to untangle myself, from his peacefully sleeping form, but then I realize that I don't know where I'm supposed to sleep. I think it's too soon to sleep in Emmett's bed with him, so maybe I'll sleep on the couch over in the corner of the room. I move his arm to let myself out, and he constricts his muscles tighter around me.

"Please, I know it's too soon, but please sleep in here with me. No funny busniess; I just wanna hold you while I sleep. Please. Just tonight I swear" he pleads, and I immediately give in. I'm not arguing with my boyfriend, if her wants to sleep in his comfortable bed with me. I snuggle back into his arms, and press myself against his cool side. I've never felt so comfortable in my life. This is so much better than school, I say to myself, in my head. I close my heavy eyelids, and drift into a calm relaxing sleep, in my boyfriends strong arms. i smile to myself at the thought of him holding me. I know that I'm a lucky guy.