Chapter 11 Introducing me

Lucas's POV

Life with my mother back in the house is definantly weird. I've never seen my dad, so happy for one, and I've never been so comfortable. I jump out of my bed, and smile at my reflection in the mirror.

It's finally Monday. That means I get to see Emmett today. I've really missed him over the last two days. I feel like I've grown attached to this boy. This vampire. I throw my clothes on hurriedly, and check myself out one last time in the mirror.

My cheeks are lightly flushed, showing my excitement, my eyes are sparkling like the sun shining down on a frozen riverbed, and my lips are stretched tight with a slight smirk. I look like a completely different person than I was six days ago.

Before I met Emmett, I was a completely less appealing person. He's changed me for the better, and I wish I could thank him. I wish I could say a few things to him. Like how he's the last thing on my mind, before I fall asleep, and he's the reason I jump out of bed in the morning.

Of course I'll never have the courage to say any of this to him. We'll go on like this, me falling harder and harder in love with him with each passing day, and him standing there totally oblivious to how I feel. Must be Thursday.

I haul myself out of the house, and straight to my car, but I avert my eyes, from my Honda as Emmett's Mercedes pulls up in front of my house. A smile breaks across my face, as I lay eyes upon him. God I missed him. I take in his appearance, and register, for the first time since I've known him; the clothes he's wearing.

He has on a white button down shorts, and slightly baggy faded jeans. He has a white baseball cap on backwards, and he's wearing the cutest smile ever. I wave at him, before trailing over to his window.

Emmett rolls down his car window, and stares at me expectantly. I raise my eyebrows, before asking.

"Is there a reason why your bucket of rust is on my property Cullen?' I ask trying to sound angrily, but failing miserably. He just chuckles, and motions, for me to get in. I set my books on the top of his car, and get into his car.

The inside of his car feels nice and warm after the biting cold of the morning. He puts his foot on the gas, and my house seems to melt away. We fly down the main street in town, and not in the direction of school.

"Emmett, I can't skip school again. My dad will eventually start noticing, and then he'll think you're a bad influence" I say, only half joking. This'll be three school days in a row of truancy. He laughs again, and I feel clueless, for a second. "What was funny about that question?" I ask, and he laughs even harder.

"You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed are you? Today just happens to be Veteran's day, which means that all schools, just so happen to be closed, for the day." he says, and my face goes dark red with embarrassment.

How could I have forgotten the date? I must really have it bad. I'm usually very good at this kind of stuff.

"Well that explains, why I didn't see anyone up in my house" I say faintly, and he laughs. He laughs to much I think to myself, before asking aloud.

"What are we doing today?" I ask, and he actually winks at me. My heart skips a beat, and my stomach flips. Damn.

"I thought we would go on a trip, for a cpuple days. I actually talked to your parents yesterday, while you were out with Dylan. I explained that you have been working very hard in school, and I wanted to help you kick back, for the week. He said he wouldn't say anything, and that he would just pack your suitcase, which he did." he answers, and I gasp.

"What? Where? How long will we be back?" I blurt out in one single word. He smiles, and flashes his dimples. This of course freezes my tongue, and I can't speak anymore.

"We are going on a trip to Washington to see my family. We will be back on Sunday, and if you don't want to go, then I can take you home. I just didn't want to go the whole week away, from you. I thought you might like to leave the state, for the first time. I apologize, if I offended you" he says solemnly, and I feel bad. I'm not mad at him. He's like a puppy that pees on your couch, but you can't get mad.

"Aw Emmett, I'm not offended. I would love to come with you! I'm just happy you thought of me" I say honestly. It makes me feel really good inside, just knowing that he didn't want to go one week without seeing me. My reaction seems to please him because he reaches over to the radio, and turns up the current song. He begins to sing along, and he's dancing around in his seat.

"Here's my number, so call me maybe" he sings loudly, and I giggle with joy. This is one of those moments that I"m going to remember, for the rest of my life.

"I"m glad you're introducing me to your family" I say, as we pull into the airport. He comes around the car, and says quiet;y.

"You're important to me, and I want you to know them. They are a part of me. Just think of it as I'm introducing me to you all over again. Alice can be a bit much, so be warned." he says, ending the really sweet moment between us just as fast as he started it. He steps away, from me and walks torward the airport entrance.

We wait in the seated area, for our plane to start boarding, and I begin to feel the nerves in my stomach. I've never been on a plane before. I never anticipated going on a plane. Now I"m about to fly across the country on one with the guy of my dreams. I wonder how cold Washington is this time of year.

when our flight is called to board, we file our way onto the plane. I look around, and notice that there are only a few people on this plane with us. Why so few people? I wonder to myself, but I decide not to question it. We sit down in our seats (in first class), and I begin to get comfortable, for the long flight. I feel Emmett's head lean onto my shoulder, so I look over at him. He lightly breathes in his sleep, and his lips are slightly parted. How can one person hold so much power over me?

I really do love him, and that's surprisingly scary for me to admit even to myself. I lay my head softly againstt his, and close my eyes to fall asleep. This is right where I want to be, here with Emmett. Here with the man I love.