Epilogue: Play with Fire

Lucas's POV

After Skylar, and Dylan woke up, and discovered what they were, they swore to protect me. They were all compelled to kill themselves, but the vampire didn't expect them to have blood from Emmett. I sit on the balcony off of Emmett's room and watch the sunset. There's a movement from downstairs, and I hear shouting. In an instant, I'm flying down the hall.

I plummet down the stairs, tripping over the rug, and bruising what feels like my entire body, so I can get to the door, before something really bad happens. when I round the corner from his hallway, and come to a stop in the winter room, just before the front door I freeze. There she is. Rosalie is lazily pressed up against an outdoor column. She looks into my eyes, and whispers.

"Invite me in" I laugh at her feeble attempt to compel me, and then shake my head furiously. This girl thinks she can just ruin my family, and traipse up to Emmett's house and try to play nice. Well she is sadly mistaken. I sneer, before slamming the door in her face. I can see her lip curl through the glass, and then I see Skylar being held by one of Rosalie's "servants".

I know that we'll all die if I invite her in, but I can't watch her kill my sister, for a second time. I open the door again, and glare at the beautiful blonde vampire before me.

"What do you want Rosalie?" I ask in an emotionless voice, but she just laughs sweetly.

"God, Emmett really did go down hill after me, didn't he?" she asked her friend, who nodded fervently.

5 "Can we just move on with this Rose, Klaus is waiting at the station" he asked politely, but Rosalie took it in a different way because she disappeared in a blur of speed, before reappearing behind the man, and shoving a stake into his heart. He fell to the ground, and his skin began to gray fairly quickly. The man was no more. I watch the first vampire death I've ever seen, and notice how un-gory it is.

She whistles, and another vampire races from the forest. She taps her foot against the wood on the porch, and turns back to me.

"So, Lucas is it? Well who cares. Emmett is no longer in your sights. Get me? You don't want him anymore, so give up" she says, and I chuckle loud enough for her to hear. "What's funny?" she demands, and I answer happily.

7 "I get you Rosalie, but I'm not giving Emmett up without a fight because we have something special. I'm sorry that you couldn't see that, but you lost your chance, now step aside, and get the hell over it" I say rudely, and she smiles.

"Gutsy, I like that. You may be able to save yourself" she says, and I lighten up a little because she's being nicer. Maybe she'll leave, and I'll be free to live my life.

8 "Thank you, I think" I say cautiously, and she just pushes the limit of her smile even farther. She takes a step away, from the door and I visibly relax. She sees this because she makes her move quickly, but just slow enough, for me to see it all.

"Too bad you couldn't save her" she taunts, before snapping her finger. The man holding Skylar stabs her directly in the heart with a sharpened wooden stake.

The scream of horror never left me. I stand there rooted to the spot, and stare as my sister turns gray, and falls to the wooden surface of Emmett's porch. I glare at rRosalie, with my eyes slit. I swear to god that she will pay for this. Just before I move to do something, another vampire comes into view with Dylan. I freeze. This cannot be happening to me right now.

"Now listen here, and listen good. We're leaving, but I will be back soon Lucas, and I expect Emmett to be nowhere near you. I'm taking your dear brother as... collateral damage" she says, and turns to go. "Oh just so you know. If you try to disobey me, just remember that you are a little young, and I doubt you truly know how to play with fire" she threatens, and then they're gone. I slam the door in fury, and run to the kitchen, where Chloe and Renesmee sit.

* * *

Emmett should be here any minute, and then we're all going away I think. I remember the moment, when Skylar was staked, and fury floods my veins. I will kill Rosalie, and I will enjoy it. I think to myself the reason, why this is justified. A sin for a sin. A life for a life. She will pay, and I will get Emmett on top of that. I'm so glad to have him. It's too late to go back now. He's the most important thing in my life. This is what my life has become.

The End