Chapter 9 Broken

Chapter 9 Broken

Lucas's POV

The boat skips across the water like a rock on pavement. I look into the emerald depths, and see hundreds of tiny fish darting in and out of the looming sunlight. The breeze is perfect, and it's not too hot outside. This is the perfect day to try new things.

"Confession; This is my first time in a boat" I admit, and he gapes at me dubiously. "I"m serious" I say, trying to convince him. "I've really had a lot of fun today Emmett, and I just wanted to tell you that this is the best day of my life so far" I say, but I want to say, so much more. I want to tell him how important he has become to me, and that I want to be with him, but most of all I want to tell him that I love him, and that he has brought me back to life.

"Well, in that case I"m happy that I got to share this hobby of mine with you. I'm glad that you're having a good time, and if this is awesome to you just wait until our next stop" he teases, and my curiosity begins to churn actively again. Where could he possibly be taking me next? I'll see when we get there, but right now I"m just going to have fun.

I look back at the shore, but it's not there. I begin to panic internally. Will we be able to find our way back? Just as the thought crosses my mind Emmett stops the boat. I turn to gaze at him wonderingly. He just smiles.

"Why are we stopping?" I ask, and he laughs loudly. What the hell?

"Don't you see the beauty of it? We're here, and it's utterly quiet. Come on" he says quickly, before taking off his life jacket. He removes his shirt, as well, and I almost gasp aloud. I"ve never seen such a perfect body. His shorts hang kind of low, so I can see the form of his pelvic bone, just above the line of his shorts. His abs flow evenly up his slim muscular body. I knew he had muscles, but I didn't know how muscular his biceps really were. I take a deep breath, and flutter my eyes closed a couple times, as I regain my control.

"Wait, what? We're wimming all the way out here?" I demand, trying to sound angry, but my smile betrays me. His crinkle, as he smiles happily.

"Don't make me undress you" he threatens, and I almost die right there, but it means more to me, than it does for him, so I don't say anything. I cross my arms to show that I'm not getting in the water this far out.

"I am not getting in the water this far out. Aren't there like super huge sharks, and giant squids?" I demand, feeling like a coward. He smiles, and in a blur of speed he standing before me with my life vest, and shirt in his hand. I gasp in shock of the quick movements. He smiles, before picking me up bridal style, and jumping off the boat. I take a deep breath, and snap my eyes closed, before we hit the water. I keep my arms tightly wrapped around him, as we plummet down about thirty feet. When we finally stop our downward plummet, he shoots up torwards the surface like a bullet from a gun. When we break through the glassy surface; I take a deep breath of sweet oxygen, and then I look around. I'm still being held by Emmett, and my arms are holding him against me in a death grip. He turns his face to look at me, and I notice how close we really are. His lips are three inches away from my face, and I think to myself how easy it would be to kiss him. His face moves closer to mine, and I close my eyese in anticipation.

I quickly turn my head to look for the boat, and also so I don't do anything stupid. I'm just starting to freak out, when my eyes fall upon our boat. I exhale in relief, and signal for him to swim me over there.

"I"m not letting go of you while I"m in this water, so you might wanna take me to the boat" I laugh, causing him to smile complacently. He darts across the space between us and the boat, and jumps out of the water, and onto solid ground (Well onto solid boat).

I slightly release my grip on him, but I'm not ready to let go yet, so I force myself to. When my feet touch the ground I slip on the puddle of water leaking from our waterlogged shorts. Before I can hit the ground, Emmett has already lifted me back into his arms, and set me in my seat. I staree off into the distance pondering the moment we just shared, and wishing that I had kissed him. I smirk to myself, when I notice that the sun glinting off the choppy surface, makes the water look like a million shards of glass.

When we arrive at our final destination; I laugh to myself. We stand out front of a horse riding ranch. He leads me into a barn with the label "CULLEN". This is something I do know how to do, so I'm not nervous. We pick out our horses, and apparently I chose Renesmee"s horse named Lily.

We gallop down the field, racing to the body of water at the bottom of this slope. I smile eagerly, as i sprint ahead of Emmett, and I'm almost to the finish line. When my horse leaps over the last embankment, and we land just over the finish line I throw my hand into the air victoriously. Emmett boos from behind me, and I turn to laugh at him, just a bit more. He frowns at me because as I've found out today Emmett is super competitive. We walk our sweaty horses back to the barn, and them to the ranch hands.

The drive back, he let's me have control of the radio, so I flip through the channels. I can't find any good songs on the radio, so I turn it off, and turn my head to look at Emmett. He smiles, looking from the corner of his eye. I feel so light, and relaxed.

"Thank you; this was such an amazing day, and I'm glad I spent it with you" I say, which of course makes him smile even bigger.

"What was your favorite part?" he asks curiously.

"The boat. I've never been on the water like that, and even though I was scared of getting eaten i had fun swimming" I admit, and he snorts

"You didn't swim. I sawm, while holding you because you're a big baby!" he responds, making my mouth fall open. I gaso in mock offense.

"You're a jerk!" I squeel, as we turn down my road. When we stop in front of my house; I see that my dad isn't home yet. I'm late, so why is he even later? I turn to Emmett.

"Thanks again, and goodnight Emmett" I say, before hurrying, from the car, and turning back to wave at him. I reluctantly walk into my house, even though I wish my day with Emmett never had to end.