First Appearance

KENDRA  POV

I signed the marriage contract a couple of days ago and tonight Colton is taking me out for a date. We are going to a restaurant that his ex-girlfriend uses all the time, and he wants to put a show on if she's there.

I've just got back to my studio flat, and I need to get ready for this charade that Colton has planned tonight.

I had a shower and find a dinner dress. I have some expensive clothes, and I have a ball gowns too. I go to the events that are to do with horses, like the charity ball, ladies day at Ascot and the day at the races.

I put my navy-blue lace off the shoulder dress on. It fits my figure perfectly and comes to just above the knee. I get my blazer that comes with the dress and slip my heels on. I put my long black hair in a twist and spray perfume on. I look in the mirror and I look perfect. I pick up my small navy clutch bag, put my phone in it and my house keys, money, and leave.

I get to the restaurant and Colton was waiting, he's in a black three-piece suit. He didn't even recognise me. I had to walk up to him.

"Colton," I say and smile.

He looks up from his phone and his eyes went wide like saucers. He put his phone away and stepped towards me.

"Wow, you look amazing. I didn't recognise you," He says and offer's me his arm.

I smile and we walk into the restaurant. The hostess shows us to our table and Colton was staring at me the whole time.

We sat and he looked around.

"You took me by surprise. You look really beautiful," He says and sips his water.

Is he just saying that or is he sincere.? This is just a show; I just have to keep telling myself it's just a show.

A waitress walks over to our table and hands us a menu each. I must have had a shocked expression on my face because Colton looks at me.

"Kendra, is everything alright?" He asks and looks back at his menu.

I was shocked because of the prices. I looked at him and smiled.

"Yes, it's fine," I say all nervous.

I really don't know how this date is going to go. Am I paying for my own meal? I really should because that way I don't owe him anything. I'm just glad that my payment for the studio hasn't come out yet.

I put the menu down and he was still looking. I looked around and this restaurant is more for the rich and famous.

"Kendra, are you ready to order?" He asks, whilst signalling to the waitress.

"The chicken in a white sauce please," I say and take a sip of my water.

The waitress walks over, and he orders our food and a bottle of fancy wine. But I'm not a wine drinker because it always gives me a headache and makes me feel unwell.

I could see men looking at me or were they looking at Colton?

The waitress brings a bottle of white wine and poured some for Colton to taste. He took a sip and nodded to her. She was about to pour some in my glass, and I put my hand over the top.

"No thank you," I say politely.

Colton looks at me and then at the waitress.

"Just leave the bottle," He says and then looks at me.

"Colton, I don't like wine,"

He smiles and leans back in his chair.

Our meal comes out and we start to eat. I didn't eat all mine; I really didn't like it.