Engagement

KENDRA  POV

The guests are slowly coming and so far; I don't know anyone. My friends haven't arrived yet, and Colton seems to prefer to ignore me and talk to his guests that are here.

I got another whiskey and stood by the window looking out over the city. I was lost in thought I didn't hear Kali and Samara talk to me.

"Kendra, you alright?" Kali asks and touches my hand.

I turn and give the girls a hug.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just didn't know anyone," I say, trying to hide the fact that I'm losing my mind.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Sam asks.

"I hope so. This is the biggest event of the year,"

"You're always ready," Kali assures me.

I smile and take a sip of my drink.

"We will be there to silently cheer you on," Sam adds.

"You guys are so awesome, I couldn't ask for better sisters," I say, and we start to laugh.

Now I feel better when these two are around I always feel happy, and they know how to make me laugh.

"We need shots," Kali says looking around.

"I'm on the whiskey," I say and finish what's in my glass.

"Good Idea, I'll get the bottle," Sam says and walks off towards the kitchen.

Kali and I start to talk, and I show her the texts that Gage sent me.

"Kendra, he's not worth it. You got Colton; he seems nice. I know your relationship looks kinda weird," Kali says looking around the room.

"It's not weird. It's just different," I try to sound convincing.

She shakes her head and Sam walks back with two glasses and a bottle of whiskey. Sam half fills our glasses, and we clink our glasses together and we all take a mouthful and swallow. We start to laugh and some of the people look over at us. We bow our heads to them and fill our glasses again and do the same.

Evan and Brett join us. I look around to see if I could see Colton and I don't see him anywhere.

I finish my drink and half fill my glass again.

I stepped away from the girls and stood on the other side of the room looking out the window. I really don't want to be here. Colton stood beside me.

"Everything alright?" He asks and looks at my glass.

"Yep. It's fine," I say and close my eyes for a second.

"I would like you to meet some of the guests,"

"Sure, let's get this over with," I say and down the rest of my drink.

I walk back over to Sam and Kali. Sam fills my glass, and we look at each other and start to laugh, Kali starts laughing as well. Colton walks over to me and whispers in my ear.

"Please don't show me up, because you'll regret it,"

I look at him and could see his clenched jaw and the anger raging in his eyes. I took a deep breath and then I saw Amy and so did the girls. Kali looked like she wanted to rip her head off and Sam looked the same. Brett and Evan looked and then looked at me.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Brett asked.

I looked over my shoulder at Amy and then back at Brett.