Equine Ball

KENDRA  POV

I'm getting ready for the Equine ball. I got a beautiful electric blue satin dress that is tight hugging off the shoulder and a split on the left that stops mid-thigh. I have heels that match and a clutch bag. I gave my hair the messy sexy look which looks amazing. I put bronze lipstick on, which was the first for me, but when I looked in the mirror, the lipstick didn't look right so I got a wet wipe and wiped it off. My taxi turned up, and I left.

***********

I'm at the country club where they hold the event every year and it looks amazing with the fairy lights around the room and around the pillars in the ballroom. The big round tables seat eight people at each table and there must have been a hundred or more tables. They're decorated with beautiful centrepieces that had red, white, and pink real flowers. The table clothes were white, and the napkins were red, and so were the chair's covers.

I found my table and sat down. I looked around and I could see that they had blown up photos of the top five winners; they looked amazing in black and white and then I saw one of myself on display and I had to have a look.

I walked over to look at this amazing photo that was in black and white of Sweetie and me jumping. This photo has been resized to the size of two foot by three foot. I couldn't take my eyes off it. It was so perfect and then I read the piece that's written under the photo.

"Miss Kendra Knight, riding Sweetie. Second place,"

I had tears and I'm overwhelmed. I was excited and my horse Sweetie was the real star. I walked back to my table and sat. I had a couple of well-known breeders on my table and one of them was a breeder that my parents used in my younger days.

I got a drink and talked to the people sitting at my table and then Gage taps me on the shoulder. I stand up and he gives me a friendly hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Kendra, you look amazing. Would you like to dance?" He says and offers me his arm.

We walk over to the dance floor and I cup his hand and with my other is placed on his shoulder and he starts to turn me around on the dance floor.

"Where's your husband?" He asks.

"Busy," I say I didn't know what else to say to him.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I ask and look around as we are waltzing.

"She's sat at the table. She doesn't like to dance," He says and lets out a little laugh.

I smile and look around.

"Kendra, who are you looking for?" He asks pushing me away from him slightly to look at me.

"I don't know, I thought Colton might come," I say. I don't know why I was expecting Colton to come. I haven't heard from him all week. Not since the dinner, which was a week ago.

The music changed and we walked to the side of the room.

"Thank you, Gage. Hope you have a nice evening," I say and smile.

"Kendra, I'm glad that we can still be friends," He kisses my cheek and walks back to his table.

I turn to walk back to mine and saw Amy with her agent. I don't know why she came to this event; she hasn't had anything to do with this event for years.

She looks at me and walks over.

"Kendra, please meet my agent Drake and my fiancé," Amy says with a wide smile. I shake hands and show no emotion.

Yes, I was shocked. Colton hadn't said anything to me. He could be in shock. It must be heart-breaking for him. He's so in love with her, what a fucking bitch. She led him on and then does this to him. I just hope he's alright. I even shock myself wanting to know if he's alright.