A Kiss

KENDRA  POV

I'm at Colton's building and get in his private elevator to go to the penthouse. I have a black tight skirt and a white shirt on. My long black hair is in a high ponytail and I have my black heels on too.

The elevator door opens, and I step out into the hallway.

"Colton," I say as I walk through the hall.

"I'm in the kitchen, Kendra," He shouts back to me.

I really don't know why I came, but he most probably wants to talk.

I step out of the hallway and into the big lounge. Nothing has changed still the same decor. It's been a while since I've been here. I think the last time I was here was our engagement party.

I rested my hand on the back of the leather sofa and a smile forms on my face. I was thinking about my dream I had of Colton making love to me on this very sofa. I shake my head and walk towards the kitchen. Colton stands by the sink with his back to me. He's in black trousers and a grey shirt. From behind he looks sexy. I smiled to myself.

"Colton," I say softly as I walk towards the island in the middle of the kitchen.

He turns and looks at me with a smile that made him look happy. He combed his fingers through his dark brown hair.

"Hi, do you want a drink," He asks and walks towards the dining room.

"Yeah please," I say and sit on a stool at the island.

"Whiskey neat," He says, and I could hear glasses clink together and a cap being opened on a bottle.

He walks back out and hands me a glass which is half full of whiskey and he's got a glass of white wine. We clink glasses and he carries on cooking. He certainly knows his way around the kitchen. He put vegetables into a serving bowl with a lid and walked into the dining room and placed them on the table. That's when I realised, he had already set the dining table for our dinner.

"Shall we go and eat," He says and gestures with his hand.

I stand up and walk towards the dining room and the table was set for two. He pulled the chair out so I could sit down.

"Thank you," I say and sit down and place my glass on my right.

He sits and looks at me.

"Thank you for coming," He says and smiles.

**********

He passes the bowl and I spoon some veg on my plate and he does the same. He had cooked roast venison. It did taste very Delicious. When we finished, I helped him with the dishes and then we sat on the sofa talking.

I slipped my shoes off and turned slightly to face him. I had my glass in my hand which was filled for the second time, he was sipping his white wine and he had placed the bottle on the coffee table.

"How's the new love in your life doing?" I ask, and he smiles at me.

"I still haven't told her how I feel. I know I'm falling for her," He says and looks deep into my eyes. The way he was talking seemed like he was in love, but he was also scared to tell her.

"You should just tell her and maybe it will work out for you," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"If I told her how I feel, she might not feel the same way," He sounds scared and unsure.

"Colton, would it make it easier, when we are finally divorced," I take a mouthful of my drink and swallow hard and look at his expression. His smile isn't as wide, and he starts to comb his fingers through his hair.