Getting It Right

COLTON POV

I'm laid in my bed looking at the ceiling thinking about Kendra. I know I'm falling for her and I want to tell her, but I guess I will have to take it slow and hopefully, she'll trust me again. I sit on the edge of the bed and rub my face. I could feel that I needed a shave. I rub my eyes stood up and stretched then walked into the bathroom and had a shower and shaved.

I'm dressed and sitting in my kitchen having breakfast. I read the paper and finished my breakfast and walked to my office on the other side of the penthouse. I sat in my chair behind my desk, turned the computer on and looked at my available offices to rent. I printed out a list so Kendra could look over and find the one that suited her.

I got my phone out and text Kendra.

"Kendra, I've printed out a list of available offices for you to look at," I sent the message to her; I didn't want to ring her just in case she was still sleeping.

My phone then rings, and it's Kendra.

"Colton, thank you for doing this. I could meet up with you any time today or whenever suits you," She says.

"I'm not that busy today. I could meet you at lunch so you can have a look at the list and then I could show you around?" I say and smile.

My heart was beating faster than normal just because of her voice. All I could think about is the time I made love to her. Oh boy, I want her not just to make love to but to show her I love her, and I want to be the husband that I should have been. I will always carry the guilt of what I have done to her, I need to put things right and be there for her. I just hope I'm not too late?

"I'll meet you at the pub at lunch," She says, and we hang up.

**********

It's lunchtime and I'm meeting Kendra. I got myself a drink and sit in a booth and wait for Kendra.

I looked around and there were only a few people stood at the bar and a couple sitting at the tables.

Kendra walks and over towards me. She smiles and I stand up and kiss her cheek.

"Do you want to have a drink while you look over the list?" I ask her and she sits down.

"Please," She says, and I hand her the list so she could start looking at it.

I walk over to the bar and get Kendra a drink and walk back to our table and hand her, her drink and sit opposite her.

"Cheers Colton," She says, and we raise glasses.

"So how much space do you need?" I ask and sip my drink.

"I don't want it too big just enough for me to have an office and room for a secretary, room for files," She looks at me and says. I could see she was nervous, and this was a big step for her.

"What location? I got offices all over town and out of town,"

"I would like to be in town, but it would be too expensive for someone like me who is just starting on my own. I need to have clients, so I'll have the revenue coming in to pay for the rent," She finishes her drink and sits back in the chair and puts the list down.

"Kendra, I'm not worried about payment. I'm your ex-husband and what sort of man would I be if I charged you rent. Pick any one of the offices and I'll get my lawyers to put a contract together," I say and hold her warm hands. She smiles and leans towards me.

"Colton, you are now acting like a husband," She says and laughs. I kiss her hand and we leave to go and look at a few office spaces.

**********