Part 2

Her P.o.V.

Soft light shone through the windows, waking me from my deep slumber.
One last time I turned to face the sofa leaning, escaping this bright and warm sleep-killer.
I cuddled deeper into the blanket and let out a sigh of satisfaction.

A light scent of roses and smoke hit my nostrils and I took another deep breath, instantly feeling relaxed.
This feeling soon faded as reality hit me:
Wait, what blanket?! I hadn't got myself one.
I sat up quickly, the blanket falling from my body to the floor.
I picked it up and let the soft fabric glide through my fingers.
I hold it up in front of me and noticed that the so-called blanket was a black trench-coat.
HIS black trench-coat!
I looked around in panic.
Is he still here?! And...half-naked now?!
What if he had done something, while I was asleep? What if I'm already dead and I just don't know it yet. Or is this maybe just a dream?
I pinched myself to check my theory.
With a short sigh, I released all the held tension from my body.
Still alive. But why? And where is he now?
I glanced around one more time. Everything seemed perfectly in place and completely untouched.

But last time I thought so, a giant monster was sitting in my living room.
I shook my head. I'm getting ridiculous now!

I swung my legs over the side of the couch and stood up. I also folded the coat neatly and set it carefully on the couch table.

I still wondered if Offenderman was still here somewhere so I walked up the stairs again carefully, trying not to open the wound under my foot again.

Once there I found an empty and messy bed with the table full of packages from the medicine right next to it.
Definitely, have to clean up that mess later. Why does everything have to be so goddamn exhausting? At least he didn't kill me though.
As I stood there leaning against the door frame of my room I decided to take a quick shower and redo my bandages around my foot.

As I was finished I put the medicine packages from the nightstand, back into the medkit in the bathroom.
I took the now dried towel and also Offendermans trench coat in the washer.
I didn't know why, though.
It was just out of kindness, I guess.

The alarm of my smartphone went on, signalizing me, that I have to go to work in an hour.
My workplace is a small cafe in the center of the city, right next to a lovely park. Even if the payment is not that much, I love working there.
My coworkers are very kind and the atmosphere of this place is always so relaxing and lively.

I got dressed quickly and made myself breakfast.
After that, I put on my shoes and a thin jacket, grabbing my keys and smartphone and left the building.
The outside was already heated slightly because it was summer and the air felt heavy and damp.

I smelt the air. It's going to rain during the day.

I wasn't bothered by that.
Indeed, I loved the rain.
Even thunders and storms were totally relaxing for me.
I loved the tension in the thick and warm air slowly rise just to fall again within seconds and cooling down the world with droplets of rain, releasing the beautiful smell of it.
I loved the relaxing tapping against the windows when it rained.
And I loved, even more, feeling it on my skin.
In moments like these, I felt free and light-hearted.

I walked down the street, people greeting me as I passed by. Yes, today was indeed beautiful.

Nothing could ruin this day and maybe I'll get the chance to forget those terrifying events the evening ago.

Maybe.

***

It was dark by now and I walked almost alone down the streets. The lights in those countless shops went off one after another and people mumbled quietly their goodbyes to each other.

Today turned out to be horrible.

I thought I could forget the confrontation with Offenderman, but my mind kept always wandering back off to him.

He left me with so many questions.
Heck, I didn't even know that things like him exist.
But most importantly:
I still got his coat. Does that mean he will come back?
Should I be happy or worried about that?

I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw something red in the corner of my eye slowly dancing and twirling through the cold air and making its way down to the floor slowly.
I blinked a few times to regain clear sight and watched in awe as hundreds of little red rose petals flew through the air.
They seemed to come from the dark alley right next to me and I stopped in my tracks instantly, turning in the direction they came from.
I smelled the air for a second, as the unique scent of some certain roses and smoke hit my senses.

It was him!

I stepped a little closer, tilting my head and trying to make anything out in this dark ominous path, but I couldn't see a thing.
I released my breath in a sigh.
There's no way around it.
If I want to see him again I have to step in there. If it really is him...

I followed the trail of roses and ended up in a dead end. Suddenly the streetlamp, attached to the wall of a building flickered on and off.
Sweat started to cover my forehead and nervousness grew in my body.

The wind suddenly blew violently and twirled some of the petals around and all of a sudden a dark shadow loomed right in front of me.
I looked up in fear, eyes widened slightly.

"Why are you looking for me?", a deep voice growled slightly annoyed.
Now I knew for sure, that it was Offenderman himself.
You would recognize this voice everywhere anytime as soon as you would hear it.
A knot formed in my throat.

Now he was standing here, right in front of me and I wasn't able to get out one single word.
My mind was completely blank.
It was like I had forgotten how to talk or like I never talked for ages at least.
Before I regained my voice and tried to speak, he already continued talking: "I recommend you to never do that again."
His voice got lower, sounding now more like a threatening deep growl.
"B-but why?"
He turned back to me abruptly and gritted his teeth:

"YOU don't belong in MY world. Neither do I in YOURS!"

I backed up, clutching my hands in front of my chest as an attempt to protect myself. He scanned my frightened and trembling posture, cleared his throat and stepped one step back.
He adjusted his tie and turned to leave.

"Why did you spare me then?", I asked quickly, finally being able to speak without stuttering.
Offenderman stood frozen in place:
"It was an exception. I just returned the favor, because you kinda saved my life. Your life for mine."
He turned his head back to me, his face covered in dark shadows.
"This was the one and only exception. As soon as we meet again, I'll kill you without any mercy."

Once again the light flickered and within a second he was gone, leaving me behind frozen.

I steadied my breathing and put a hand on my chest.
My heart was beating like crazy.
Thousands of thoughts rushed through my brain, trying to process what just actually happened.
After a few minutes of just standing in the dark, breathing calmly and ordering my thoughts I walked back home.