Part 5

Her P.o.V.

I pushed myself off the muddy ground to get a better look at what actually happened right in front of me.
Another crash, created by the storm pierced through my ears and I saw a person, bathed in shadows, standing right in front of me, facing me with his back.
He had a slightly stooped posture, as he loomed there over me, breathing kinda heavy and threatening.

As he rose back up, I noticed the black coat and the fedora he was wearing, both now darker than the usual black, because of the rain.

I shakily sat back up and leaned against a nearby tree, releasing a quick breath.
I was exhausted and hurt.
It was hard for me to keep my eyes open, but the static was fading slowly.

The monster in the suit trembled a little, surprised by Offendermans sudden attack, but soon got back into a fight position.

Both circled around each other, clenching their teeth and growling aggressively.
Even if it just appeared like repeatedly growling, it seemed like they had a deeper conversation, what was only meant and understandable for both of them.

I took a closer look, once more stunned how similar both creatures were.

The conversation between them abruptly stopped, as the guy in the suit straightened his posture once more and adjusted his tie.

Then he turned and in a blink of a second, he was gone like he never existed and it was indeed all just a really bad dream.

Offenderman, who was still facing me with his back let his shoulders sink in relief, releasing all the tension he kept in his body.
I heard him breathe in and out slowly and then growling in annoyance. Uh oh...

Suddenly I got pinned against the tree behind me, a hard grip pressing my shoulder into it, causing it to sting.
I felt the tree behind me crumble a little, because of the strong impact.
Little splinters dug into my skin.
I shut my eyes and clenched my teeth in shock and pain.

Hot breath hit my face, mixed with the scent of vanilla and smoke.
I opened my eyes and looked into the blank face of Offenderman.
He gritted his teeth, his mouth twitching in anger.

"What the hell are you doing here?!", he shouted in my face. 

"I- I-", I began to stutter AGAIN, but all of my words left my mind.

"I told you it was dangerous to stick your nose in things you don't understand! I only asked you to do me a favor and to fucking STAY. AWAY. Why are you so stupid? You're-"

Without noticing I started to cry.

He stopped shouting at me and watched as tears streamed down my face.

He groaned and ran his hand over his face: "Aand now you're crying! Great!
Just fucking great!
Geez, stop being so god damn annoying, girl!
It's pathetic, nerve-wracking and it causes me a bad headache.
When I think about it you're not even worth all my efforts.
I should make things easier for both of us and just kill yo-"

Without thinking I wrapped my arms around his neck and sniffed into his coat.

"Thank you so much for saving me!"

He stiffened at my touch, not daring to move an inch.

Suddenly he trembled and pushed himself out of my embrace.
He brushed off his shoulders as an attempt to get the tears and human smell off his coat.

"Don't touch me! That's even more annoying than your stupid crying."

I laughed a little and wiped away my tears with my thumb.
I stood up and tried to brush off some dirt and blood.