Part 6

Her P.o.V.

Did I understand that right? I have to forget him AND what happened?

I slowly stood up and groaned: "But how am I supposed to forget when my neck is burning and aching like hell?
Not to mention, that everything that happened obviously burned itself in my memories?"

I touched my neck and hissed.
Offenderman obviously left some terrible bruises-along with the stinging pain in my shoulder he caused by smashing me into that tree.
I huffed in annoyance and decided to act before anything may get worse.
I also had to get out of my clothes...I still shivered a bit and my nose started running. I walked through the hallway, taking a quick glance in the mirror on the wall.
My guess was confirmed as I saw big purple marks all around my neck on my reflected self.
I honestly looked terrible overall:
Hair messy, muddy and bloody.
My face was covered in dirt and a bit blood and also my clothes were stained with it.

As I took a closer look at my bruises on the neck I noticed that blood was still trickling out of little holes, Offenderman may have made by digging his sharp claws in my skin.

Oh, how lovely! 

***

That day I had to go to work with a scarf.
A freaking scarf!
In the middle of summer...
Of course, I earned some weird looks, but I brushed them off and went through the day with a permanent smile plastered on my face.
On the inside, however, I was dying.
The pain on my neck was terrible and with the constant warmth and the scarf sticking on my neck made it even more unbearable. My whole neck itched and was always a bit wet, because of the sweat I produced during the day.

It was fucking terrible!

And all of that just because the oh-so-great Offenderman acted like a ticking time bomb!
Or even worse a mine: You never know when it's going to explode until you actually trip on it.
I didn't understand his behavior overall. First he acted nice, then he threatens to kill me again and is angry, but in the end, he still leaves me alone.
Trying to understand his mind caused me a headache.
I groaned. Screw him!

***

Meanwhile, I was sitting at home, watching TV and drinking a cup of hot chocolate (or coffee).
I know, it's summer but it always helps me to relax.
I already started to let the events from the past go and focused now more on my normal life and my work.
Even the paranoia seemed to fade steadily and soon everything was completely normal.
Boring, but normal.
I didn't see Offenderman for like 3 and a half months now and it was good.
I didn't get hurt in any way in that time.

I leaned back into the comfy pillows of my sofa and enjoyed watching an action movie.
It was dark by now and everything seemed to calm down outside. The sky was clear and dark blue, showing thousands of little stars flickering in the distance.

As the movie almost reached its most tense point, the electricity went off, leaving me in complete darkness.
I was startled first and my body tensed up by the sudden change.
I jumped as I heard a loud thud on my roof and stared up at the ceiling in shock.
Then everything went quiet again.
A few minutes passed with me just staring up at the ceiling in fear but nothing seemed to happen anymore.
I carefully sat my cup on the table in front of me and listened closely.

What is that? A bird? No. No bird is that heavy to make this loud sound.

Suddenly I heard footsteps on the roof, slowly making its way in the direction of my front door.
What the hell..? Is this a...person?!
I concentrated now completely on the footsteps and noticed that this person was shuffling and the steps were uneven like whoever was walking there right over my head had a limp.
I panicked again and stood up quickly. I rushed to the front door, opening it slowly.
I held my breath and listened.