Part 11

Her P.o.V

I looked in the mirror and sighed. And another shitty day starts again. 

It was early in the morning but I was already up and completely dressed, ready to start the day and go to work. 

The not greatly combined outfit and messy hair showed exactly in what condition I was in. All I wanted was to crawl back onto my couch and watch TV while eating ice cream like I did yesterday. And all the other days before. 

I told my boss that I was sick so I could stay at home - bloody lie. However, I decided to start working today again since I needed a good distraction and also got to see Robin again.

This grey and rainy cloud hovering over my head was obviously not good for me...or my weight... It was good that Robin actually called me from time to time, checking if I was okay or needed anything. Hearing his voice always made me feel a little better.

I fixed my hair once more in the mirror as the doorbell suddenly rang. This early..?
I walked to the door and looked through the door scout to see three men, dressed in suits standing there and waiting patiently for the door to open. They all had a serious look plastered on their faces. 

The guy in the middle was a lot taller than the other two. He had a sharp jawline and beard stubbles covering it and his chin.
His skin seemed rough and scarred.
His grey stubbles had a great contrast to his well-tanned skin and his hair was a dark brown with a few strands of grey hair here and there.
Even though he seemed to be like 40-50 years old, his body, however, seemed to be in good shape.
He was well-built, but what really caught my eye about him was the scar that was running across his entire face.

The other guys were also well-built, both dark hair and a beard. Before I got the chance to take a closer look at them the guy in the middle stepped forward, knocking on the door loudly and startling me a little. "Miss [last name], are you in there? We are from the police. We have to talk." My heart skipped a beat and I breathed in and out, waiting a few seconds to calm down. Then I opened the door a little and peeked out a little. "Good morning, gentlemen. How can I help you?", I asked and smiled at them nervously. 

The guy in the middle adjusted his tie and cleared his throat. His voice seemed deep and raspy.
Like he smokes a lot: "Good morning, Miss. I am detective Rex. We were sent by the local police to ask the people who live here a few questions about some...incidents that recently happened here in town. Several women disappeared-mostly around this area and in the park nearby. Also in some other less lively parts of the city. Did you notice anything...strange or suspicious?" The only thing that appeared suspicious to me was these guys. 

"May we come in?" 

I smiled apologizingly and slipped through the door, closing and locking it behind me. While doing so I felt their stares burning in my back.

I turned around and looked at them, smiling again and putting the keys away: "I'd love to help but I was about to head to my workplace. We can talk about it this afternoon and have a nice cup of tea if you are free then. But right now I really have to go or else I'll be late..."

"Miss, it won't take that long. Only five minutes...", said one of the other guys in a grumbly, slightly annoyed tone. 

I declined and tried to push past them but instead, they moved closer together, blocking my way.

Rex sighed and snapped with his fingers:
"I actually wanted to do that the easy way-that would have been more comfortable for both of us...or well...you." The man to his left walked up to me and pinned me brutally against the wall, holding both of my hands tight in his grip over my head. I tried to fight him off but he was too strong. 

"What the hell?! How dare you?!",
I screeched and struggled a little as an attempt to break free.
Rex walked up to me and grinned:
"But violence is so much more fun to me. I know they said 'Ooo Rex don't be violent as long as you operate with your crew in this city- boo-hoo'", he mimicked in a whiney voice. I raised a brow.
That dude is crazy. 

He stopped fiddling around with his arms and looked at me dead serious: "But seriously...this way is so much more entertaining for me."
With that, he started kicking the lock and handle of my door until it broke off. The door flung open with a loud crash.

He laughed loudly again, his raspy voice scratching in my ears: "This whole undercover bullshit was getting on my nerves anyway. STUPID tie." He grabbed the tie around his neck and ripped it off, tossing it to the ground.
A tattoo...no, a weird sign became visible on his neck. 

Rex scratched on his scar in his face a little and gave the other guy that stood to his right a sign to enter the house. I struggled again.
"You guys can't fucking do that! This is my home. You are invading my privacy!"

Rex looked at me with a poker face and suddenly mimicked a whining child: "Aww...buttercup is scared that the big bad guys might find her panties in one of the drawers. Boo-hoo! Don't worry, lad. We are just looking for something and if it's not there we will leave instantly." 

"I want you to leave NOW. This is MY house and I am not okay with some bastards rummaging around however and whenever they want!" I kicked the guy pinning me to the wall between the legs. He hissed in pain and let go. 

I tried to run off but Rex acted quick and kicked my legs so I fell on the floor. He held me down by pressing one of his feet on my head and slowly increased the pressure. The boots he was wearing made it even worse.
"Don't make such a fuss, lady. We are just looking for something. We want to help but well..." He let go and kneeled down. 

Before I got the chance to get up he fixated me on the floor with his knee, that he pressed firmly on my back.
He leaned in to look in my face that was half-buried in the dirt.
"...no one would make such a fuss if they didn't have something to hide.", he whispered.
He grinned devilishly, showing his slightly dirty and crooked teeth. 

Rex wanted to say something but the guy who searched my house returned to him, holding something black-white colored in his hands. What is...? I realized what he was holding in his hands and started panicking. The guy gave it to Rex, who started laughing maniacally. 

"HA! I ACTUALLY HURT THAT MOTHERFUCKER. IT CAN BLEED. We got you, bastard..." 

"NO!", I yelled and tried to break free but Rex held me down like it was nothing.

"Fucking fuck!", I cursed while Rex started sniffing on that bandage, which was covered in Offenderman's blood. 

Suddenly he licked on it and hugged it tightly: "Oh love, we found you. Soon you will also get erased from this planet, monster. We, humans, are the superior race- not you, motherfucker." 

He froze all of a sudden and stopped rambling around, staring in the far distance- like some kind of realization hit him.
I looked up at him, trying to figure out what was going on inside of him.

Suddenly he got off me and yanked me up on my feet, pulling on my hair. I yelped in pain and tried everything to make him let go but he didn't. 

Rex made me face him, gripping my hair tightly. I groaned and clenched my teeth. "How sweet...even she is a little monster. But now to the more important part: He was with you. You took care of him-treated his wounds. He let you live. He never lets anyone stay alive. He doesn't have a connection to anyone- especially not humans. I don't know what role you play in this game yet but I know for sure that I can use you to my advantage."
He laughed again.
It sounded disgusting. 

"You are the key, lad." "LET ME GO!", I screamed loudly. "Nu-uh. You have to sleep now anyway, princess.", he said quietly and before I realized what he just said everything went black.

.

.

.

[Well shit]