Part 12

Her P.o.V.

I groaned as I came back to consciousness and rubbed my head.

I was laying on a concrete metal floor and was covered with a thin and ragged, gray blanket.
There were built-in benches on each side of the room and a locked supply drawer, filled with guns and other tools and helpful supplies.

I heard a motor roaring and in the next second the whole room started shaking and to vibrate evenly.
Could it be...?
I got up, shakily standing on my feet, and walked up to one of the super small windows.
They were very far up so I had to climb on one of these benches to look through it.
As I looked through the thick and slightly foggy glass I saw that I was indeed in some kind of armored vehicle that you'd usually find in war zones.
There were at least 4 more of these vehicles escorting the one I was in. They were all colored in black with a deep red sign painted on the side.
The same sign Rex had on his neck.

Suddenly I heard a static screech.
I made out the source of this sound and noticed that there was a speaker in one corner.
"Aww the princess is awake. How did you sleep?", I heard Rex's slightly distorted voice booming out of the speaker.
I got off the bench and walked to where the cab of this truck would be.

The back and the cab were separated by a thick, black window and metal bars in front of it.
I couldn't make out anything or anyone as I tried to look through it. "It's kinda shitty to talk to someone I can't see. Be a man and show yourself, bastard!" I hammered against the window.
"Sorry, princess. I'd uncover the window for you but you know how it is. I can't get distracted while driving. Safety reasons..."

"Where are you fuckers taking me?!"

"Language. We are taking you to the HQ. Or at least that is what HE thinks we are doing. You are our bait, little princess."

I huffed: "He won't fall for it. I don't know what you think I am for him but I am most definitely not.
He is not interested in me so he won't come for me.
I also highly doubt that you guys would harm a human."

Rex laughed: "You don't know my methods, gal.
But yes you are right...I have standards. You see that bag in that supply closet?"

I looked over to the closet and checked it:
"Guns, first-aid-kits, a couple of infusions-"

"Those are not normal infusions. The substances in there are not stable. Whatever they do to you when you get them injected, it won't be good. We received them as we had to hunt down a monster.
He was a professor. He was desperate. Tried to find new methods to heal himself.
The injections he made were insufficient.
Instead of healing himself, he mutated into a monster.
And well...we planned on doing the same thing to you and then kill you. Because THEN I technically don't kill a human."

"You can't do that to me!
I didn't do anything!", I clenched my teeth as tears started to trickle down my chin. I was terrified.

They will kill me.

"He won't fall for it." I whispered, trying to steady my voice that was trembling slightly.

"I don't know what you think I am to him but I have to disappoint you. I'm not. He won't come for me. Sorry.",
I raised my voice a little.
Anger started to boil up inside of me.

He breaks my heart and now I am also in this mess because of him. Great.

A dry laugh escaped Rex's throat:
"My, my...looks like you also have some personal grudges.
But apparently, you don't get the hints.
You refuse to believe that you indeed are important to him.
I saw his profile.
He killed every single woman he ever met.
No exception...till you showed up. Why do you think did he do that..?"