Part 10

Her P.o.V:

My boss decided it was a good idea to let me work a few hours longer as a punishment.

I sighed deeply as I turned off the lights of the cafe and left the building with quick steps. I closed the door, locked it with the key my boss gave me and leaned against the glass for a few seconds, sighing again.

It was already dark outside, heavy clouds covering the beautiful night sky.

"I have to clear my head", I whispered to myself and decided to go for a walk in the nearby park. The air seemed to get colder with every passing second as I followed the path, decorated with streetlights on each side to an unknown end. The wind pulled violently on the trees from time to time, causing some leaves to fall to the floor and twirl around in funny movements. I was alone here but I never felt that comfortable before.

As I rounded a corner I stopped dead in my tracks, listening to quiet giggling behind the bushes near the swamp. A shiver ran down my spine. I quickly brushed it off and kept walking. I was afraid that I might...interrupt something.

"No, no-really...you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, sugar." My eyes widened in shock and my brain quickly decided to walk towards the swamp instead of away from it. I hid behind the bushes and looked over to the couple. A few meters in front of me stood a chestnut-brown-haired woman. Her back was turned to me so she didn't notice me. And she was talking to a much taller figure. Him... Anger started to boil up inside of me and I balled my hands to fists. "Here. Let me prove it-pick one." Offenderman raised his hands to show her two different colored roses. The girl reached out for the red and took in its scent.

"Aww, dear. You make me feel so special.", she brabbled, being all lovey-dovey. I clenched my teeth.

Offenderman grabbed her waist and pulled her closer: "I can make you feel even more special, love~" He began kissing her deeply.

Stop it.

My body became numb. All I could do was standing there and watch both of them getting lost in their actions more and more.

I said stop it you fucking heartbreaker! I shouted in my head.

Offenderman stopped and brushed a hair strand behind her ear. His gaze, however, was completely focused on me. He grinned devilishly. My body started to tremble.

You read my thoughts. You knew from the very beginning that I am here...

He nodded slightly so the girl wouldn't notice. Then he kissed her again, his hands slowly making their way under her shirt. The woman gasped and moaned a little. I slowly started backing up but I couldn't pry my eyes off them, tears running down my cheeks silently. And in the next second, they both disappeared.

I ran as fast as I could, not daring to look back. The tears in my eyes made everything seem blurry and I stumbled a few times over my own feet. I sobbed loudly as I reached the streetlamp where I first met him.

A picture of Offenderman flickered in my head for a blink of a second and suddenly I found myself laying on the ground. My elbows and knees stung and I let my head sink on the ground in defeat, crying silently. "You fucking asshole!", I screamed. At this point, I didn't care if anyone was nearby to hear me. Time passed and I managed to calm myself down. I shakily tried to get up and brushed the dust off my clothes. My legs throbbed in pain as I started walking and I sniffled a little.

I hate you...

***

As I reached my house and entered it, I instantly went to the bathroom and took a shower, cleaning my wounds and washing my face and body. I sat on the floor and stared at my reflection in the mirror. It felt like an eternity. My eyes were red and puffy.

How could he? He used me. He lied to me from the very beginning. I was just another toy for him-all of this meant nothing to him. How could I be so stupid?!

My reflection became blurry again and soon I was crying again. It made me mad.

I shouldn't waste my time thinking about him. I wiped away my tears and stood up, laying down on my bed.

***

Hours passed and I couldn't fall asleep. I was shifting around, desperately trying to close my eyes but as soon as I closed them my mind wandered back to him. I turned on my side and looked at the wall as I suddenly felt the mattress sinking a little behind me.

Suddenly someone wrapped an arm around my waist and hot breath hit the back of my neck.

"Did you really think you are something special to me..?"

I bit my lip as it started quivering, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Did you really think you could change me? That you are the only one in my eyes?"

My body was paralyzed as he brushed my hair out of the way to kiss my neck.

"How naive..."

A wave of energy rushed through my body and I got up quickly. "Fuck off!", I yelled angrily. Offenderman teleported from the bed in front of me, his fedora pulled deep in his face.

"What is wrong, Sweetheart? Didn't like what you saw today?"

I clenched my teeth: "You used me. Just like you used all the others. All of this never meant anything so do me a favor and leave! Now!"

He looked at me, an unreadable expression on his face.

He bowed slowly: "Farewell then. I enjoyed my time with you" Offenderman chuckled as he said that.

I grabbed a vase from the nightstand and threw it in his direction but he already teleported away so it hit the ground instead and shattered.

"Fuck! You asshole!" I screamed angrily.