Part 15

Her P.o.V.

Suddenly something clicked inside of me as I remembered how familiar that pain inside my head was compared to the pain I got when I had the encounter with this suit guy. 

B-brother...? 

Offenderman grinned and seemed to focus on something..or well...someone behind me. 

No way... 

I slowly turned around and saw suit guy standing right behind me.

I quickly backed up and looked straight into his face.
Without looking away from him,
I pressed a few words through my teeth:
“You know that this guy over there tried to kill me, right?”

Suit guy adjusted his tie:
I have to say that this was indeed no good first impression
This whole incident was just a...misunderstanding. I apologize.

A misunderstanding..?

Yes, indeed. But that's enough tea chattering for now.
We got to take care of my dear brother over here.” 

Suit guy walked up to him and helped Offenderman to get up with ease. Without wanting to I remembered that time where I tried to pick him up and failed miserably. 

Wow, now I feel weak.

Suit guy stretched out his hand towards me.

Come here, child.”

Child? How old do you think I am? Rude?

However, I walked up to him and grabbed his hand.

Well, I, on my side, also perceive it as quite rude when you call me suit guy. My name is Slenderman.

At that moment I wanted to disappear – to hide somewhere, where no one will ever find me.

Of course, he can read minds too.
It's Offenderman's brother!

As I blinked we found ourselves inside of a building, standing in an entrance hall that was colored in dark gray, black, and dark red.

I turned to Offenderman and caressed his cheek, tears welling up in my eyes: “Promise, you'll be fine.”

He took my hand off his cheek and intertwined it with his, pressing it gently and smiling at me:
“I promise, darling.”

I felt Slenderman's gaze on us and let Offenderman go so he could escort him to another room.

Even though we weren't in the same room anymore I heard Slenderman's voice echoing through my head:
This will take a while. Please walk down the hallway ahead of you and enter the left door. Have a seat. Drink some tea and don't worry too much about my brother, child. I'll take good care of him.

I did as he told and walked down the hallway, taking in the beauty of this house.
I opened the left door, a beautiful and cozy living room hidden behind it.

The floor was dark and wooden and there was an elegantly patterned red carpet, that was laid out in the center of the room.
There was also a round, wooden table in the center, a red sofa and a matching armchair assembled around it.
Massive bookshelves were standing on each wall of the room, filled with old books and other writings and papers. I traced my fingers over some books in awe.
The furniture appeared to be antique in general.
Even the lamps that were placed in each corner of the room seemed to be older.
The chandelier on the ceiling was golden and shimmered softly in the light.

I slowly walked up to the table and saw a white porcelain teapot with colorful flower patterns painted on it. Right next to it was a matching set of teacups.