Part 14

Her P.o.V.

For some reason, I felt an incredible tension running through my body.
I tried to hold my breath, hoping I could hear something but everything was quiet.

The only thing I was able to hear was my own heartbeat.

Why do these walls have to swallow every noise that is going on outside?!

Suddenly the ground started to shake a little and I panicked slightly.
But it stopped as fast as it came.
Then everything was silent again.

I looked through the window but there was nothing to see.
No Offenderman.
No guards.
Everything seemed frozen.

Ugh, this is killing me! What the hell is going on?!

Suddenly I heard a loud screech, followed by a loud crash.
I looked at the door in the back of the vehicle and saw how it slowly got torn open.

At first, I just stared and watched the sunlight streaming out of the gap slowly but soon I started tearing up.

The door was completely cracked open now and I saw Offendermans silhouette, looming in the doorframe.

As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight I noticed all the wounds and the blood, covering his body.
His coat was torn and his pants were bloodstained.
He breathed heavily.

"(Y/N)! We have to get away from here! NOW!"
He still stood right in front of the exit.
His voice echoed through my head before I snapped back into reality.

"You came back...", I whispered as my vision became blurry again.

"(Y/N), we don't have the time! Get out of that truck or else I can't teleport us!" he shouted.

I heard engines roaring in the distance.

"Shit there are coming more...we have to leave NOW. (Y/N), please trust me one last time okay? I make it up to you."

Tears started to stream down my face.

Why..?

"Because I could never forgive myself if something happens to you because of me!"
My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat.

You...

Before I could respond or react properly he groaned and grabbed my arm, yanking me out of the vehicle.
I squeaked and closed my eyes.

I heard gunshots as Offenderman pulled me in to shield me.
I felt dizzy and lightheaded as the gunshots still echoed through my head and suddenly...

...everything was silent.

I squinted my eyes shut, not daring to move.
Offenderman's heavy breath hit my ear and I slowly started to relax.
I felt that he was shaking.
He let go of me and leaned against a nearby tree.

Just now I noticed where we were. We were in the forest, near that little creek.
Where Offenderman kissed me.

"I am sorry. That was the only place I came up with that quickly. It is really hard to focus on where to teleport in situations like this.", Offenderman said quietly and held his side, smiling at me.
No, he wasn't smiling. He was gritting his teeth, trying to keep standing despite all the pain.

I quickly rushed up to him and made him sit down against the tree and knelt next to him.
"Fuck! We have to do something against the bleeding. Your body won't be able to heal that all!"
I frantically looked around, but he just grabbed my hands, making me look at him again.
"They got you too...", Offenderman said quietly.
I looked at my arm and saw a deep bruise.
It was still bleeding and stung a little.