Ch. 2 - First Day

"NO, PLEASE ," I begged him

"Shut up, you little bitch," he yelled in my face.

He yanked my hair, and threw my across the room. I hit the glass picture on the wall, and I landed on the floor.

Glass was surronding me. My vision blurred, but I heard him walking my way.

He started to kick me in my stomach. I heard one of my ribs snap. I covered my head, praying that he would stop.

"Nobody will love you, you piece of crap," he slurred.

I woke up with a scare. I looked around to see that I'm in my bed. I looked at my phone to see that it was five thirty in the morning.

Everybody was still asleep. I climbed out of bed, and I walked into the bathroom.

I turned the shower on, and I took my clothes off. Yellow and purple bruises scattered my stomach and back.

Malcom, my old foster father, use to hit me where people couldn't see it. Sometimes he would forget, and hit me in the face. I used to put concelar on my face to hide the bruises.

I jumped into the warm shower, and I washed my body with the soap in the shower. Lisa had already put some body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and a toothbrush in the bathroom before I got here.

After washing my body, I washed my hair. Once I was done, I got out and did my morning routine.

Then I went to my closet, and I pulled out jeans, a long purple shirt with a whale on the pocket, and my white converses.

Lastly, I put my hair into a french braid. When I checked the time on my phone, it was six fourty-nine.

I made sure that all of my textbooks, Lisa got my schedule and books the day before I got here, were in my black bookbag.

Then, I rememebered that I have to take my medicine. I walked back into the bathroom, and grabbed my medicine off of the counter. I took a pill out of the bottle. I put it in my mouth, and I swallowed some water.

Lastly, I grabbed my bag and my phone, and I walked downstairs.

The boys were sitting at table eating different things, and Ross was drinking his coffee. Winter was laying on the floor, sleeping.

"Good morning, Campbell," Ross said.

"Morning," I said. I dropped my bag on the floor by the stools.

The boys waved, but they contiued to eat. I walked to the cabinet, and I grabbed a glass. I filled it up with orange juice. 

After I was done, I grabbed a banana for breakfast. I peeled it, and I took a bite of it.

"I have to get to work, but I'll see you guys later," Ross said, getting up. He rinsed his cup out, and placed it in the sink.

"Bye, Dad," the boys said.