Ch. 33 - Try-outs

IT'S TUESDAY, and today is soccer try-outs

IT'S TUESDAY, and today is soccer try-outs. Nicole has been talking about it all day while I was extremely nervous.

"You'll do fine, princess," Brent said, wrapping his arm wrapped around my waist.

We were walking to the soccer field where everybody was meeting. I already changed into a pair of black Nike tights, a black sports bra, and a black workout tank top. I had my long blonde hair pulled into a high ponytail.

"Your right. I'm just overthinking it," I said, but my heart dropped when I saw Clary and Naomi standing on the field, fixing their makeup.

I don't even know why they wore makeup when we're going to be running and sweating.

"Nope, can't do it," I said, about to turn around, but Brent kept me in place.

"Don't worry about them. Look at me," he said, cupping my cheek,"I believe in you. Plus I seen you practice all week after school, and you're amazing at it. Just breath."

I nodded,"I'm ready."

He smiled,"Good. Now go and show them who Campbell West is."

I kissed him on the lips before sprinting off towards the field. Brent was going to sit in the bleachers since he's going to drive me home. I saw Nichole stretching by herself, so I plopped down next to her.

"You ready?" Nichole asked me.

"Yeah," I replied with a side smile.

"Oh great, here comes Satan and her minion," Nichole mumbled as two shadows stood over us.

"Clary. Naomi. Do you need anything?" I asked them, looking up to meet their glares.

"We were just checking out the...competition, but I don't see any," Clary said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That's because you're blind," I replied, standing up from the grass.

"Am I? Well at least I'm not the one with mommy and daddy issues," Clary shot back.

My hands started to shake again, and Nichole saw that because she stood up quickly.

"Leave, Clary. Now," Nichole said, venom lacing her voice.

"Just watch your back. Accidents happen all the time in sports," Clary said before leaving.

"Campbell, you need to calm down. You're letting her get to you," Nichole said, looking me into my eyes.

I took a deep breath, relaxing myself. "I'm okay. Let's do this."

She nodded,"Good."

"Ladies! Listen up!" A woman coach yelled. She has a pixie cut and it was a brown color. Her eyes were this dark blue color which was looking at everybody.

"I'm Coach Scott! I'm the soccer, volleyball, and softball coach for the girls. Now today I'm going to spilt y'all up into two teams. You will go against each other, and the first team to three points wins," she instructed.