Ch. 40 - Vunerable

Y'all I can't believe we are in the forties!

WEDNESDAY ROLLED AROUND pretty fast, and I was in a good mood

WEDNESDAY ROLLED AROUND pretty fast, and I was in a good mood. That person must have had the wrong number because I haven't received anymore text messages.

I skipped down the steps as my mind was racing one hundred miles per hour.

I walked into the kitchen where a pancake came flying past me. I looked at the pancake which is laying on the floor before looking at Nick and Elliot. The twins were sitting at the table, eating their pancakes with smiles on their faces.

"We're are so sorry, Cam. It was this idiot's fault," Elliot said, pointing to Nick.

Nick gasped,"How dare you? We were partners in this crime."

"I have no clue what you are talking about," Elliot said before sitting down with the twins.

Elliot gets his cast taken off this weekend, so that's exciting.

"It's fine. Where is Micheal?" I asked the boys who shook their heads.

"Talking to Jordan, again," Gavin said before taking a sip of orange juice.

I smiled before looking at my phone.

No notifications.

"That's weird," I mumbled, quietly.

Usually Brent texts me good morning. He is probably still sleeping. I decided to call him so I went into the living room. I pressed the button.

"Hey, you reached Brent. Leave a message and I'll call you back. Bye," his voicemail said as I scrunched my eyebrows together.

"Hi, Brent. I just was checking if you were still asleep. I guess that you probably are since you didn't text me or answered the phon-which is completely fine. I'm just-.." I said quickly, but the button cut me off.

I bite my lip before walking back into the kitchen. Micheal was in there, and they all were getting ready for school, and I grabbed my bag before walking to Nick.

"Hey, mind if I ride with you?" I asked him.

"Sure. Did something happen between you and Brent?" Nick asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head, quickly,"No, nothing like that. I think he's running a bit late or something. He'll be at school."

"Okay, well, Anna is picking up Elliot and Micheal, so it will just be me, you, and the twins," Nick told me, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Alright, let's go," I said, walking towards the garage where Nick's car is parked.

Nick followed behind me, and the twins were already in the car, waiting for us. I sat in the back with Gaberial while Gavin sat upfront with Nick.