Ch. 44 - BANG!

BANG

BANG. BANG.

I looked down to see no bullet holes, but my heart stopped when I saw Winter laying on the porch with blood oozing out of two bullet holes. Her eyes were open, but her breathing was shallow and short.

She jumped in front of me. She saved my life.

"Winter!" I said, getting on my knees. I placed my hands on the wounds. She winced in pain.

Blood was getting all over me, but I didn't care.

"Campbell, come on, we have to go," Brent said, trying to pull me away from her.

"I can't leave her!" I exclaimed as Brent wrapped arms around my waist. He hoist me up, and he dragged me into the house where the boys were at.

Tears were streaming down my face, and I wiped them away. The boys were upset, and I felt guilty. This is all my fault.

"Oh, Campbell! You better come out or I'm coming in!" Malcom yelled, making me flinch.

I carefully looked out of the window to see him pacing back and forth in the front yard.

"We need to get to the garage now," I said, sniffling.

"How? The garage door opens up with electricity, and we don't have that. The only way to open it is by the outside," Elliot said, wiping a tear away.

"Check the phones," I said before looking at my phone.

No Service.

"Shit," I mumbled, furiously.

"What are we going to do?" Micheal asked, scared.

We were silent, thinking of an idea. But we all knew that there was nothing we can do.

"What about that cop that sitting outside? Where is he?" Gavin asked.

"With the storm, there is probably a lot of car crashes or trees falling down because he's not here," Gaberial said, looking out the window carefully.

We fell back into silence.

"I'm coming in!" Malcom yelled before hitting the door.

"Come on," Elliot whispered.

We followed him to the sliding door leading out to the backyard. It was raining now extremely hard. Elliot put a finger up to his mouth, and we nodded.

"All we have to do is jump this fence," Elliot said as we stood before a tall fence.

We heard the front door being slammed open, and we quickly nodded. Elliot helped Micheal up first then the twins. Nick jumped over the fence, leaving Elliot, Brent, and me.

Before we could get over the fence, a bullet went flying past us, and it hit the fence. We looked back to see Malcom walking down the steps.

"Nick, run with the twins and Micheal. Get help!" Elliot yelled before we ran away from the fence.