Ch. 16 - Thanksgiving Part 2

"MOM, I WE-

"MOM, I WE-.."

"Sweetie, you don't have to explain it to me. You two are in love, and you don't want anybody to know," she said with an excited smile.

"Mrs. Mason, that's-..."

"True. You're great at guessing, Mom. Please don't tell anybody," Brent said, pratically begging his mother.

"No problem, honey. I can keep a secret or two," she said, nodding het head. "Also, I kinda ship you two together."

My cheeks turned a light pink. I looked away, praying that they didn't see me blushing.

"I'm going to leave now, but keep it PG," she said before leaving.

"Mom!" Brent whined in embarrassment.

I looked back up, and I giggled at Brent, who was also blushing.

"Sorry about my mother," he apologized.

"Don't be. She is wonderful," I said.

"Yeah she is, but it sucks when my father and her go on business trips all over the world," he replied, losing his smile.

Before I could say anything Nick barged in the kitchen with an excited look in his eyes.

"Finally!! The time I have been waiting for 364 days!! It's time to stuff our faces with all the food we want!!" He yelled, clearly exicted about eating.

"Nick, no yelling in the house," Lisa scolded him, walking into the kitchen.

"Is Nichole coming over later?" Elliot asked Nick.

"Nah. She's visting her grandparents on her dad's side until Saturday," he replied.

Everybody was in the kitchen, probably to help Lisa with the food. One by one pots began to disappear from the kitchen and to the dining room.

I helped Lisa with the plates and glasses. Ten minutes later, everything was set up on the dining room table.

I sat down on the right side by the end, and Anna darted to the seat next to me. Brent was coming to sit by me, but another person beat him to it.

Xavier.

"Too slow, little brother," he remarked, while Brent shot daggers at his head.

The only seat left was across from me, and Brent took it without a second thought.

It's was Ross at the end of the table, Lisa on the left of him, then Anna's parents beside her. Then Bella, Elliot, Gaberial, and Brent were following next. While Martha and James were sitting right to Ross. Vanessa was sitting next to her mother, then Gavin, Xavier, me, and Anna.

Everybody started to pass around food, and I filled my plate up with turkey, green beans, corn, yams, a roll, and squash.

"Before we dig into this delicious food prepared by my beautiful wife and sister, I want to make a toast," Ross said, standing up with his glass of water.